Stop the madness..Just say no to Watkins in Round 2

AmericasTeam

Reaction score
:laugh2:

Seriously, I think there are at least 8 Safety prospects better than him, heck I'll even go as far as saying 10. Now do not get me wrong I am not against drafting the guy, but the Second Round (that everyone on here seems to have the Cowboys drafting him in) is way to high for him considering the other options available. I think he is a reach in the third, and would only pull the trigger then if the ten better ones are off the board! What Round would you draft him in?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AmericasTeam said:

Seriously, I think there are at least 8 Safety prospects better than him, heck I'll even go as far as saying 10. Now do not get me wrong I am not against drafting the guy, but the Second Round (that everyone on here seems to have the Cowboys drafting him in) is way to high for him considering the other options available. I think he is a reach in the third, and would only pull the trigger then if the ten better ones are off the board! What Round would you draft him in?

I agree, he's extremely raw and shies away from contact a little bit, I definitely wouldn't spend a 2nd on him, we need starters with our 1st 3 picks, he just doesn't look like he can come in and start as a rookie

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
AmericasTeam said:

I voted 3rd, but I'll take your word for it..:)

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I chose the 3rd, however depending on how he grades out after the combine and/or the fsu pro day, he could go in the mid to late 2nd if he does well

Reaction score
Really unless I'm missing something here...the dude is nothing more than a 3rd or 4th rounder. I'm a Univ. of Miami fan so I have first hand experience watching him play, nothing stand outs really he's no Ed Reed or Sean Taylor. Oh yeah I voted 4th round...

Bobo

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I agree, he's extremely raw and shies away from contact a little bit,

I only got to see him in one game this year, but he laid a lick on a RB. I was a little suprised since he's a pretty skinny guy, but that one hit isn't enough to go by.