Strategy for cuts?

Reaction score
So we have to be down to 53 by 6pm on Saturday. And Broaddus said that we can count on effectively cutting down to 51 or 52 to leave room for free agent pickups.

On O, do we go real light on G's on the offensive line (Smith-Leary-Fred-Free-Parnell-Costa-Berny-Bell) with hopes of picking up at least another G? Or do we go real light on T's on the offensive line (Smith-Leary-Fred-Free-Parnell-Costa-Berny-Arkin) with hopes of picking up a T? I think we go light on T's, because Bell has shown so little. Which firms up Free as unquestioned starting RG.

On D, I am assuming we go light on DT's (Hatcher, Ratliff, Hayden, Bass, Cohen) and cut Lissemore, in order to swap in a true 4-3 DT that is a better fit. The Giants ESPN blog says they like 2 DT's -- Marvin Austin & Mike Patterson -- but have to cut one, and suggests that the Cowboys could snatch one up. I like Lissemore, but I would rather cut him for a true quick 4-3 DT.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/28840/bubble-watch-giants-roster-decisions

Thoughts?

Tex

Reaction score
I dont think lissemore is going anywhere. He will stay before cohen anyway.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
didnt they just give lissemore an extension? doubtful he is cut but who knows anymore

Tex

Reaction score
didnt they just give lissemore an extension? doubtful he is cut but who knows anymore

All I have heard is that they think he will be a much better fit in our 4-3 that will try to pressure the QB constantly then he ever was in our old 3-4. Lissemore will be in on most obvious passing downs I bet as a rotational player at least. He may not start but he has a place in this new scheme.

In fact I bet he ends up with more sacks this year then Rat for sure. I can definitely see Lissemore with 5 or 6 sacks this year if he is healthy in this new scheme.

Reaction score
All I have heard is that they think he will be a much better fit in our 4-3 that will try to pressure the QB constantly then he ever was in our old 3-4. Lissemore will be in on most obvious passing downs I bet as a rotational player at least. He may not start but he has a place in this new scheme.

In fact I bet he ends up with more sacks this year then Rat for sure. I can definitely see Lissemore with 5 or 6 sacks this year if he is healthy in this new scheme.[/quote

Not to crow, but Lissemore was never a fit for this defense...