Recommended Stuff Our Guys Could Do This Season

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tony Romo is 3377 yards from passing Troy Aikman for most passing yards all time in Cowboys History. Tony is currently 42nd all time in NFL passing yardage. He will likely pass his good friend Jon Kitna this week. A 4000 yard season could move him near the top 25.

Jason Witten will move up the NFL All TIme Receptions Receptions list. He is currently 17th all time, 4 receptions behind Kennan McCardell. If he were to get 76 receptions this year he could conceivably move past Torry Holt, Art Monk, Derrick Mason, and Andre Reed on the all time and within striking distance of the top 10 all time.

DeMarco Murray needs 47 yards to move into the top 10 in our History and bumping Felix Jones out of the top 10. He is 803 yards behind Julius Jones for 9th, and 810 yards behind Herschel Walker for 8th. If he has a great year he could conceivably move up to 7th. To get there he would need 1205 yards to move past Walt Garrison. Marion Barber III is 1677 yards away. 1677 yards in one season would be the 3rd best rushing season in our History.

Dez Bryant is 2 receptions from moving past Daryl Johnston for 11th all time on our list. In week one he can move past Moose, Doug Cosbie in 10th and Miles Austin in 9th. He would need 8 to pass Cosbie, and 9 to pass Miles. 90 receptions this year will move him all the way up to 6th place all time passing the 3 above and Jay Novacek, Bob Hayes, and Tony Dorsett.

Dan Bailey is a FG from passing Michael Irvin for 5th place on the Cowboys all time points scored list. He will probably also move past Bob Hayes for 4th place this year, he is 66 points behind him. 127 points, not impossible, would move him past Tony Dorsett for 3rd all time. There are big gaps to 2nd and 1st.

Dwayne Harris is 46 yards from moving past James Jones for 8th place all time on Punt Return yards. He has averaged 230 yards for his 3 years on the team. If he were to maintain his average this year he would move all the way past Kevin Williams for 6th place all time. He is also 17th all time on Kickoff Return yardage. If he were to match last year's production he would move all the way up to 5th place all time on our list passing along the way, James Jones, Robert Lavette, Ron Fellows, Felix Jones, Amos Marsh, Cliff Harris, Jason Tucker, Darryl Clack, Butch Johnson, Herschel Walker, Reggie Swinton, and Miles Austin.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Ron Fellows, not that's a name I hadn't heard in a while. Good stuff Hos.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Man - I can't believe Dez is just now going to pass Moose. That blows me away. Good stuff Hos!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I figured Romo had already passed Aikman....

In TDs he has. Not in yards passing, attempts or completions. He won't catch him in those two categories this year, but has a shot at the team passing yardage record.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
In TDs he has. Not in yards passing, attempts or completions. He won't catch him in those two categories this year, but has a shot at the team passing yardage record.

Without Looking it up, I'm going to say Romo's completion percentage will be lower than Aikman's....Aikman was accurate.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Well, I just looked it up. Romo has a higher completion percentage. Wouldn't have thought that.....

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Well, I just looked it up. Romo has a higher completion percentage. Wouldn't have thought that.....

He's a hell of alot better QB than most people will ever give him credit for. The fact that he has yet to catch Aikman in attempts or completions but has already surpassed him in TDs should open some eyes, but it won't.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
He's a hell of alot better QB than most people will ever give him credit for. The fact that he has yet to catch Aikman in attempts or completions but has already surpassed him in TDs should open some eyes, but it won't.

No knock on Tony, but it also shows how more pass dependent Romo's offense has been as compared to Aikman's, which had of course included Emmitt...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Hos is one of two people who always has an endless supply of current and relevant facts on records being challenged.

They seem like sand in an hour glass...

Jerryrage

Reaction score
I recall all the Superbowls, however I don't recall one personal record other than Smith being the all time leading rusher. That goes to show how much I don't care about personal trophies

CCBoy

Reaction score
I recall all the Superbowls, however I don't recall one personal record other than Smith being the all time leading rusher. That goes to show how much I don't care about personal trophies

Do you take note of large biceps? How about a big heart? What about a big play?

That's just a low standard for seeing both heart and great plays as a statistic.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
No knock on Tony, but it also shows how more pass dependent Romo's offense has been as compared to Aikman's, which had of course included Emmitt...

No argument there, DW. I would love to see Tony on a team with a guy like Emmitt and a defnse like Dallas had back then. I think, by this time, we'd be in the the twilight of our second dynasty team, TBH.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am going to call bull. I have a feeling you recall a 99 yard run for a TD. I bet there are plenty of others too if I wanted to expose the fairy tale.