Stupid Players always Gets You Beat

CoachD

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been undisciplined now for many years and it really shows up in big games. How dumb were those 15 yard penalties yesterday and all led to a Bills TDs. Even when Zack Martin came over and bumped the DB after he hit Dak what did it accomplish NOTHING! Just take the 15 yard penalty added onto the run and go from there and don't give me he was protecting his quarterback crap either because if you wanna protect him keep the other guy in front of you from sacking Dak. The Cowboys lead the league YET AGAIN in penalties and it's the same damn thing year after year.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The Cowboys have been undisciplined now for many years and it really shows up in big games. How dumb were those 15 yard penalties yesterday and all led to a Bills TDs. Even when Zack Martin came over and bumped the DB after he hit Dak what did it accomplish NOTHING! Just take the 15 yard penalty added onto the run and go from there and don't give me he was protecting his quarterback crap either because if you wanna protect him keep the other guy in front of you from sacking Dak. The Cowboys lead the league YET AGAIN in penalties and it's the same damn thing year after year.
Yep, we were Carolina when they played us!!!!! Gave them 21 pts by penalties and bad coaching on not challenging!

csirl

Reaction score
The dude Martin bumped took a flop. If Martin did nothing, the same cast of haters would be excoriating him for being a wuss.
That"s why you need to be smart. Some players/teams are just looking for an excuse to draw a penalty and will flop every time.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
The dude Martin bumped took a flop. If Martin did nothing, the same cast of haters would be excoriating him for being a wuss.
I'm glad Martin displayed that physicality even if it was a penalty as i thought it would spark a fire for the rest of the team to step up their physicality a notch......but nope it didn't.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
I was 100 percent ok with Martin’s penalty. Buffalo was obviously trying to target Prescott as evidenced by the second personal foul. But, it, the response, didn’t translate to Dallas responding to Buffalo‘s physicality the rest of the game. They got bullied all day.

wssaustin

Reaction score
I was 100 percent ok with Martin’s penalty. Buffalo was obviously trying to target Prescott as evidenced by the second personal foul. But, it, the response, didn’t translate to Dallas responding to Buffalo‘s physicality the rest of the game. They got bullied all day.
What did that chest bump accomplish exactly? You want to punish someone who viciously hit your teammate, then return with the same, not with your chest. At least that will make the 15 yards worth it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
thats all on mike and his coaches, but mostly mike . also on the culture here and diva players just doing what they want when they want .

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Culture starts at the top.

Drafting low iq players is on the front office.

If you're dumb and selfish at 22 then it isn't getting coached out of you.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
That"s why you need to be smart. Some players/teams are just looking for an excuse to draw a penalty and will flop every time.
In the grand scheme of things, the penalty didn't mean more than 15 tacked on to the 1st down. All the Cowboys OL should have jumped on that doosh.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the stupid Lawrence penalty, that kept their drive alive. the stupid penalty by Martin. the stupid holding by Tyler smith. the stupid penalty by Williams. and that was just on the first two drive of the game!!!

cowboys1732

Reaction score
What did that chest bump accomplish exactly? You want to punish someone who viciously hit your teammate, then return with the same, not with your chest. At least that will make the 15 yards worth it.
The OP took issue with this penalty altogether. It was a little more than a bump in my opinion. I am sure Martin didn't want to be too flagrant and get thrown out of the game. Martin is not one to loose his cool, commit dumb penalties and is considered a leader on team. It was a measured response, again just my opinion. And as I stated before, they were obviously targeting Prescott. Just my opinion but I didn’t have a problem with his response. Did it help, unfortunately not, Dallas got bullied all day long and didn’t respond.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't know if Martin saw the first flag fly or not but if he did he should have held up. He can get in the guy's face without bumping helmets. I thought the ref made a bad call there. The guy clearly flopped and was not hit nearly as hard as he pretended. But the same was true when Lawrence hit Allen late. My question is why take the chance of getting the penalty? When the QB lets the ball go just let up.