Stupid Things People Do - Darwin Award Candidates

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have all read stories of really insane things that people do... not necessarily to get attention or as a practical joke. Rather, these are things that cause you to scratch your head and wonder just how stupid are these people?

I'll start with one of my favorites that occurs every spring and summer: petting the fluffy "cows" at Yellowstone National Park.

This week, an otherwise sane middle-aged woman decided to get a photo of herself standing next to a full-grown bison bull. Long story short, the bison kicked her, then reversed and tried to gore her. She survived with a broken arm, broken leg and a number of serious cuts. What made this even more tragic is her husband was taking the photo from the safety of the car.

Neither husband or wife offered a comment from the hospital. Apparently, the park service will fine the family for endangering the wildlife.

gtb1943

Reaction score
We have all read stories of really insane things that people do... not necessarily to get attention or as a practical joke. Rather, these are things that cause you to scratch your head and wonder just how stupid are these people?

I'll start with one of my favorites that occurs every spring and summer: petting the fluffy "cows" at Yellowstone National Park.

This week, an otherwise sane middle-aged woman decided to get a photo of herself standing next to a full-grown bison bull. Long story short, the bison kicked her, then reversed and tried to gore her. She survived with a broken arm, broken leg and a number of serious cuts. What made this even more tragic is her husband was taking the photo from the safety of the car.

Neither husband or wife offered a comment from the hospital. Apparently, the park service will fine the family for endangering the wildlife.
Kind of laughable to fine them for endangering wildlife; they should have a category for unlawfully interacting with wildlife.
Or something like that.
Terminal Stupidity should be fined just for that

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tortilla noun (link)
: a thin round of unleavened cornmeal or wheat flour bread usually eaten hot with a topping or filling (as of ground meat or cheese)

sandwich noun (link)
: two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between

Indiana judge opens door for new eatery, finding `tacos and burritos are Mexican-style sandwiches’
The Associated Press
May 17, 2024

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — An Indiana judge who declared that “tacos and burritos are Mexican-style sandwiches” has cleared the way for the opening of a new restaurant, delighting a restauranteur following a legal battle.

Martin Quintana, 53, has been trying for about three years to open his second The Famous Taco location in Fort Wayne, a city about 120 miles (190 kilometers) northeast of Indianapolis.

But the initial written commitment for the development at a plaza Quintana owns limits the business to “a sandwich bar-style restaurant whose primary business is to sell ‘made-to-order’ or ‘subway-style’ sandwiches.” Read more

Someone needs the court to prove tacos and burritos are sandwiches. Allow me to repeat. Someone needed a legal decision in order to sell Mexican-style s-a-n-d-w-i-c-h-e-s.

I would love to ask the written commitment's author one question: "What the <expletive> do you think a sandwich is" :facepalm:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Do the Darwin Awards still exist? Seems like along with sites like The Onion and Cracked, was one of the first popular joke websites.

gtb1943

Reaction score
tortilla noun (link)
: a thin round of unleavened cornmeal or wheat flour bread usually eaten hot with a topping or filling (as of ground meat or cheese)

sandwich noun (link)
: two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between

Indiana judge opens door for new eatery, finding `tacos and burritos are Mexican-style sandwiches’
The Associated Press
May 17, 2024

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (AP) — An Indiana judge who declared that “tacos and burritos are Mexican-style sandwiches” has cleared the way for the opening of a new restaurant, delighting a restauranteur following a legal battle.

Martin Quintana, 53, has been trying for about three years to open his second The Famous Taco location in Fort Wayne, a city about 120 miles (190 kilometers) northeast of Indianapolis.

But the initial written commitment for the development at a plaza Quintana owns limits the business to “a sandwich bar-style restaurant whose primary business is to sell ‘made-to-order’ or ‘subway-style’ sandwiches.” Read more

Someone needs the court to prove tacos and burritos are sandwiches. Allow me to repeat. Someone needed a legal decision in order to sell Mexican-style s-a-n-d-w-i-c-h-e-s.

I would love to ask the written commitment's author one question: "What the <expletive> do you think a sandwich is" :facepalm:
blame the idiots that voted in politicians that appoint bureaucrats that write regulations making things like this necessary.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blame the idiots that voted in politicians that appoint bureaucrats that write regulations making things like this necessary.
Let us all enjoy a fun thread, one we can all shake our heads at stuff folks do, without it deviating a millimeter towards a site rule #7 rabbit hole. :thumbup: