Org1

Reaction score
Was when we got the ball before the half was over after the fumble
We have two timeouts left and it is 3rd and 2

I just about lost it emotionally when Romo started running the hurry up offense
Why ?

Whose fault is that ?
Either Wade or Romo should have called a timeout
Wade maybe was having faith in his QB and let him keep going but he definitely should have called a timeout

Go for the first down and if you get it then spike it
You still have a timeout left...try and score a TD
If you want to be a conservative coach then fine, run the ball on 3rd and 2 and try and get the first down/get your kicker closer for the fg attempt

A kicker can never be close enough...it always helps to get it closer, as evidenced by the ball loudly clinging the upright..if it was at the least 4th and 1 after an inside run then maybe it goes in

We could have gone into halftime with super momentum that we didn't deserve up to that point and that could have been the juice to win

That hurry up in that situation, inside the 30 with two timeouts on 3rd and 2 is undoubtedly the stupidest thing I have seen this team do this year and I can not forget about it

It is still boiling me

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
COMPLETLEY AGREE!!!!!!!!

But I guarantee you Wade has ZERO to do with the offense. That is all Garrett and Romo. I cannot understand how nobody is grilling them for this unbelieveable bad clock managment.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Completely agree, but not doing anything with the attempted onside kick was pathetic as well. The biggest play of the game to me was allowing them to convert on 3rd and 17 after we had taken the lead and had the momentum. That play turned the game.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2333114 said:
Completely agree, but not doing anything with the attempted onside kick was pathetic as well. The biggest play of the game to me was allowing them to convert on 3rd and 17 after we had taken the lead and had the momentum. That play turned the game.
true....but at least the ball was batted in the air....they made a fluke play. The defense was never the same. But our killer instinct was non-existend at the end of the 1st half. We should have went for 7!!!!!

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Just to throw another one out there (there were many candidates for stupidest mistake), how about when we had Holland pulling on 2nd and 9 from their 32 after the onside kick recovery?

Boysboy

Reaction score
percyhoward;2333157 said:
Just to throw another one out there (there were many candidates for stupidest mistake), how about when we had Holland pulling on 2nd and 9 from their 32 after the onside kick recovery?

Overall-we just played miserably throughout. Blame one play, or even 2, but this felt like a double digit loss at the same time.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
most of us were in shock to see 2 timeouts remaining as the mess unfolded.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Another forgotten mistake that cost us was Folk kicking the ball out of bounds and giving them the ball at the 40. I think that was the same drive as the 3rd and 17 play.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I'm glad to know everyone else was a disgusted at that situation as I was yesterday.

I was screaming at the TV... "CALL A TIME OUT!" It's inexplicable why the coaches wouldn't realize how important that play was and how unsettled we were and that the situation was begging for a time out to be called.

To go to the half with 2 time outs and to have rushed around trying to get the 3rd down play called and set was all I needed to see to understand why we are where we are today.

rpntex

Reaction score
How about the kick out-of-bounds?

I still agree with the OP. The clock management at the end of the 1st half was a big killer (retrospectively). As for blaming Phillips, when he has nothing to do with the offense, the overall game management is still his responsibility. The whole situation seemed rushed. even had they not made the 1st down, it seemed to upset the tempo of the offense, which carried over to Folk.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2333114 said:
The biggest play of the game to me was allowing them to convert on 3rd and 17 after we had taken the lead and had the momentum. That play turned the game.

Yes.. they got on a roll after that... before that they were reeling and going backwards... we had them 14-7.. and I believe we would have imposed our will if we got the ball back.

Boysboy

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;2333207 said:
Yes.. they got on a roll after that... before that they were reeling and going backwards... we had them 14-7.. and I believe we would have imposed our will if we got the ball back.

Wasn't Warner's pass tipped?

I guess that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

nflandbooze

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2333174 said:
Another forgotten mistake that cost us was Folk kicking the ball out of bounds and giving them the ball at the 40. I think that was the same drive as the 3rd and 17 play.

I think that's legitimately on Reed (sp?). Supposedly he wants Nick directionally kicking because they have concerns about their kick coverage.

jcblanco22

Reaction score
bbailey423;2333118 said:
true....but at least the ball was batted in the air....they made a fluke play. The defense was never the same. But our killer instinct was non-existend at the end of the 1st half. We should have went for 7!!!!!

Agree with most of what everyone is saying here but just a reminder, we did actually go for the 7 on that drive, the post to Austin. Unfortunately, as was often the case yesterday, there wasn't enough time or space for Romo to step into it and make an accurate throw.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Boysboy;2333215 said:
Wasn't Warner's pass tipped?

I guess that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

Yep.. you would think we would anticipate the screen and yes the ball was tipped. This should have given us an extra step to stuff hightower. Can't let them convert a 3rd and 17... that hurt...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Org1;2333097 said:
Was when we got the ball before the half was over after the fumble
We have two timeouts left and it is 3rd and 2

I just about lost it emotionally when Romo started running the hurry up offense
Why ?

Whose fault is that ?
Either Wade or Romo should have called a timeout
Wade maybe was having faith in his QB and let him keep going but he definitely should have called a timeout

Go for the first down and if you get it then spike it
You still have a timeout left...try and score a TD
If you want to be a conservative coach then fine, run the ball on 3rd and 2 and try and get the first down/get your kicker closer for the fg attempt

A kicker can never be close enough...it always helps to get it closer, as evidenced by the ball loudly clinging the upright..if it was at the least 4th and 1 after an inside run then maybe it goes in

We could have gone into halftime with super momentum that we didn't deserve up to that point and that could have been the juice to win

That hurry up in that situation, inside the 30 with two timeouts on 3rd and 2 is undoubtedly the stupidest thing I have seen this team do this year and I can not forget about it

It is still boiling me

Yep. You are totally right. That was really the point where i lost faith in Romo in this game. He just isn't in control of ballgames right now. That has to change.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think where we really hurt ourselves was on the 3rd and 17 play, midway through the 3rd, where we had a chance on their first possession to get them off the field after a 3 and out, after we'd scored to go ahead 14-7. If we get them off the field there, get the ball back to our O that had some momentum, and we score again this game is over right there cause we'd have taken their hearts out.

Instead we allow them to gain 18 on that play and then they went down and went right through us the rest of that drive, and then their next drive two drives to take a 24-14 lead.