Style points >>>> wins

DBOY3141

Reaction score
That's what the Cowboys players care about more. They would rather pad stats and look good on ESPN then win games. What's worse is the coaching staff has no credibility with these players to change that perception. There is no focus or direction with this team and fault lies with both the coaches and players.

Wade = good def. coach can't lead a team and instill discipline.

Garrett = would rather pass than run and that simply doesn't win championships, needs a few more years before the talk of HC should come up.

Jerry = focused more on selling tickets, bldg. a new stadium than winning. If he did he wouldn't but in as much as he does.

TO = has everyone walking on egg shells because they are afraid he's going to blow up, he can deny all he wants, but he would rather catch 3 TD's and lose, then catch nothing and win.

Romo = the stupid turnovers have to stop

I've been a Cowboy fan since 1977 and this is the most disappointing team I've seen. Loads of talent, not a drop of leadership. Folks talk about injuries and that's a legit topic, but regardless this team should be alot better. If the Pats can be 8-5 and not have Tom Brady/Maroney/Harrison, then we should be alot better than 8-5.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree about the stats thing. The Cowboys tried really hard yesterday and would've won handily if Romo played a better game. A lot went wrong in that game, but if Romo had played the way he is capable of, the Cowboys would've won in a blowout. It had nothing to do with padding stats. Our QB had a bad game. That is all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The knee jerking on this site is ridiculous lol. Choice got 22 carries. He got the ball over 30 times yesterday. Hardly care about style points they tried to win. They lost. Romo sucked. If Romo was decent we win. Simple as that. The defense played great. Special teams sucked.

What Cowboys fans fail to realize is that the other teams we play also get paid to play. They're also good teams with good players. You don't win them all. We've become too spoiled in Dallas when it was just a couple of years ago we were 5-11. Fact is, we lost to a great team yesterday. I lose no sleep over losing to a Super Bowl contender yesterday.

The game was meant for the Steelers to win today. Everything was against us. The wind was against us in the 4th. I knew that would come back to bite us in the *** but I thought it would be because of a Nick folk kick and Folk looked better than Reed who kicks there for a living.

TO = has everyone walking on egg shells because they are afraid he's going to blow up, he can deny all he wants, but he would rather catch 3 TD's and lose, then catch nothing and win.

SMH. When has TO ever scored 3 td's and we lost? That's the whole point about TO's crying. When he has big games we win.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Another nominee for the forthcoming "Epic Stupid" Subforum

ethiostar

Reaction score
The only style that was in display yesterday was thier ability to play smash mouth footbal. They lost, yes, but they proved they can play with the most physical teams in the league. Miscommunication between QB and WRs, thus turnovers are what did us in yesterday.

links18

Reaction score
I don't see that all. I do agree the coaching just isn't getting it done. They do not know how to get these guys to play together as a team. But I don't think the players care more about their stats than winning. That's just not the case They lack leadership from the top. There is a lot of talent out there when we take the field, but the brain trust at Valley Ranch just seems clueless on how to coach them up on the basics and as a result we shoot ourselves in the foot too much during the game (as opposed to the club!). Someone needs to make Romo accountable for his turnovers (although I think a couple of those yesterday weren't his fault), someone needs to come up with a workable plan to eliminate these constant mental breakdowns like 12 men on the field, and the constant pre-snap confusion we see on both sides of the ball, and someone has to fix special teams. I just don't think the brain trust KNOWS how to accomplish these goals right now.....