Successful draft in my eyes

rolldog

Reaction score
I would be happy if the following occurred: The Boys trade down from number 11 to somewhere between 18 and 23. For doing so,they pick up an additional 2nd rounder. The Cowboys then stand pat and select:

Erasmus James,DE Wisc. with their first 1st rounder
Mark Clayton, WR OKl. with their second 1st rounder
Kevin Burnett,LB Tenn. with their first 2nd rounder
Josh Bullocks,FS Neb. with their second 2nd rounder

I think this is very possible. Please let me know what you think. Oh yeah, take it easy on me -- this is only my second post ever even though I visit this site several times a day.

acis516

Reaction score
It will work according to the value charts. we actually lose value i believe after the 19 spot.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
rolldog said:
I would be happy if the following occurred: The Boys trade down from number 11 to somewhere between 18 and 23. For doing so,they pick up an additional 2nd rounder. The Cowboys then stand pat and select:

I think this is very possible. Please let me know what you think. Oh yeah, take it easy on me -- this is only my second post ever even though I visit this site several times a day.

I'm not in total agreement about the players except Burnett and Clayton but you nailed the positions. The only thing I might add is OT.

DE,OLB,FS,WR and then any combination of OTand ILB. Anything after that is depth. I can say nailing Sproles in Day 2 as a kick returner would be a nice addition.

Dyluke

Reaction score
rolldog said:

Finally someone is starting to make some sense with their trade ideas. While those players you picked can be debated, a trade like that is very realistic. Good post

lkelly

Reaction score
That draft would probably net 3 starters this fall and 4 starters by the fall of 2006. And I'm just talking about first day picks.

I'd be thrilled.

rolldog

Reaction score
Now that I think of it some more, thid draft would not only be successful, it would be great. I really hope something similar to this happens. Thanks for the feedback!

ghst187

Reaction score
I'd be on that draft scenario like stink on a monkey.
The biggest problem I see though is getting Clayton past Minny at 18 and St Louis at 19. I just don't think it'll happen. I'm not overly sold on James either, I'd take Pollack first but I could accept James at 20 given the right circumstances.
Burnett could go anywhere from 21 to 49. He'll be a steal for someone. He's a playmaker. Blackstock could also fall. Bullocks would be a great pickup also.
Yeah, and add in Sproles in round 4 and I'd swear we made quite a haul. Sounds good, I'll take it.

Reaction score
anyone have a copy of the trade value chat?? what would that end up being... Moving from the 11th to a 18th-23d and a 2nd sounds a lil short... wouldn't they need to throw in an extra 6th/7th rounder?

like a dog

Panamanian Cowboy
Reaction score
I like both the scenario and the players you have selected. Unfortunately, I don't think that you can realistically expect to get those players at the position you have them slotted (e.g. Erasmus James won't make it beyond the Top 15). However there are some nice substitutes that you could insert to make it more realistic (e.g. Pollack for James, or Blackstock for Burnett).

This scenario would be especially sweet if we were to add Terry at RT. The draft would net two immediate starters (DE and FS) and two guys who would push for time/start down the road (OLB and WR).

Nice scenario.