Suggestion for threads

fortdick

Reaction score
Sometimes we have threads that go a few pages. I try to find where I posted last so I could read the new comments (or flames), but forget what page it was on. I have to open page after page until I find the post and start reading from there.

I was just wondering if it would be possible to include a feature that will take you to the last post you entered so you can start there instead of the beginning. Heck, we may already have a feature like that I am unaware of.

I don't know how hard this would be, or even if it is possible. Any codifiers out there know?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
The only thing I can see is that you could click on Quick Links at the top right then My Profile and then click on Find All Post by fortdick. They start with your last post. (You can also click on your name from a post and do that but if your searching for a post you might not have one available)

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
maybe just look at your previous posts and click on them. should get you right to the page you posted on and then you can continue reading....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
fortdick;2174566 said:
Sometimes we have threads that go a few pages. I try to find where I posted last so I could read the new comments (or flames), but forget what page it was on. I have to open page after page until I find the post and start reading from there.

I was just wondering if it would be possible to include a feature that will take you to the last post you entered so you can start there instead of the beginning. Heck, we may already have a feature like that I am unaware of.

I don't know how hard this would be, or even if it is possible. Any codifiers out there know?

wild you should mention that. in my own forums i had SMF and was going to change servers and put on VBull for a lot of obvious reasons. the people in my forums said they didn't care but DO NOT lose the "new" button.

i had no idea what that was. i just figured of SMF did it, vbull would also. so i pressed forward but did ask someone to tell me what the "new" button was.

when you see the threads, you'll see a different color icon to know there's new threads in there and that you're posting in that thread. in SMF you'll also see NEW at the end of the title of that thread. click that and you go to the last thread you read and start off on the next unread thread.

i would think it's an addon for vbull and i just didn't feel like looking for it, so i didn't convert. too small a forum to put that much energy into and to lose the 1 feature so many said DO NOT LOSE.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
wait, next to the title of the page, there's a blue button with a down arrow, if you press that im pretty sure it goes to the first new post.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;2174625 said:
wait, next to the title of the page, there's a blue button with a down arrow, if you press that im pretty sure it goes to the first new post.
Yep that works.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

good call. the only difference now is SMF puts it on the subject line and saves a step but glad the feature is there! still glad i didn't upgrade. : )

speedkilz88

Reaction score
iceberg;2174722 said:
good call. the only difference now is SMF puts it on the subject line and saves a step but glad the feature is there! still glad i didn't upgrade. : )
Its also on the subject line on the posts page.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
speedkilz88;2174731 said:
Its also on the subject line on the posts page.

i'm gonna go be stupid over >>>> there for awhile. : )

i just totally missed it. saw it, but it didn't scream at me it's purpose.

seniorette

Reaction score
How clever, I just tried that and it works, thanks/

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Suggestion for threads?

I was going to suggest the little rarely mentioned Brett Favre for a thread.

Guess that's not what you're asking.