Sunday provides Dallas fans meaning

tunahelper

Reaction score
How long has it been, since Dallas played in a game where we could be looked at as the NFL top team?

I love the huge task in front of the team Sunday.

We can see what we are made of?

The Patriots are beatable. Dallas just has to execute and we can pull this thing off.

I feel a big victory brewing and the RESPECT returning to Big D.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
Amen brother!!!!!!!

The feeling I am getting reminds me of the game where the Cowboys finally beat the Eagles, don't know the exact season(around '92?) but it's the game that got the Cowboys to finally win the division.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
torrescatch22;1700226 said:
Amen brother!!!!!!!

The feeling I am getting reminds me of the game where the Cowboys finally beat the Eagles, don't know the exact season(around '92?) but it's the game that got the Cowboys to finally win the division.

Repeating that history.... soon to follow.... ;)

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
While I do believe we will win sunday I don't see us getting any respect. They will make up reasons why we won and then go on to say that the Colts are the real 6-0 team because they are the returning champs and they are the team to beat. But no worries because we will get respect when we go 19-0 and win the superbowl and then be the first team to ever have a 3pete

utrunner07

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1700250 said:
While I do believe we will win sunday I don't see us getting any respect. They will make up reasons why we won and then go on to say that the Colts are the real 6-0 team because they are the returning champs and they are the team to beat. But no worries because we will get respect when we go 19-0 and win the superbowl and then be the first team to ever have a 3pete

oh wow....cart....horse

i do agree though that if we win the media will find some way to spin it positively for the patriots.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
I don't care about respect, until Feb. In fact, make that a motivational factor in preparation for each game, as it did with Irvin.

This, is the motivation, screw the press and their stupid questions (pay attention Press, we are)

Vince_Lombardi_Trophy.jpg

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I'm juiced for the game, can't wait. I do feel we're being disrespected here and are bringing a quality team to the table.

However, you have to figure that this team will be physically and emotionally exhausted from the game on Monday night. They're working on a short week. I'm just not sure this team has it in them to pull out a "W".

I'll tell you one thing. If the Cowboys do pull this one out, it's sure going to be fun around these parts ...

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
This will be a huge challenge but I'm confident we'll be able to overcome it and win. If we don't win, then the loss will not kill our season and team will move on and push forward toward the playoffs.

HighTechDave

Reaction score
everyone,,,, just wait until Friday. Magic 8 Ball will tell us what will happen

scottsp

Reaction score
HighTechDave;1700257 said:
I don't care about respect, until Feb. In fact, make that a motivational factor in preparation for each game, as it did with Irvin.

This, is the motivation, screw the press and their stupid questions (pay attention Press, we are)

Vince_Lombardi_Trophy.jpg

Thank you!

I could care less about what pregame shows, NFL Network, print media, or talk radio has to say about the state of affairs regarding the Dallas Cowboys.

This is not a defining game despite the hoopla attached to the event. This is still early October. The Indy win was later in the season last year and it did little to enhance our play for the stretch run.

I will thoroughly enjoy this game and the ride. I don't need ESPN or anyone else to kiss our arse. Respect means zilch right now. Talk to me in December.

HighTechDave

Reaction score
bingo!

why anyone here even listens to those "trying to get attention" N.E. "over talking" blowhard Sports "so-called" Sports experts....

BTW, who the hell made them experts on Sports anyway?

Boxing????

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
YoMick;1700221 said:
I am prepared for whichever way it goes.

If the Boys win, I'll be in a serious celebratory mood...

But if they lose, I won't be discouraged-- so long as they don't tank it, and get blown out...

I don't think the Boys are quite at the level of the Pats YET... oh, I certainly think they can win the game, and of course I hope they do, but at this point in time the Pats ARE pretty clearly the best the game has to offer...

Nope, a loss to the Pats won't get me down on the Boys... but a win will get me REAL high on them...

sago1

Reaction score
We are 5-0 and lucky to be that. While I sure hope the Cowboys win since it would be a major statement, we have too many weaknesses which Belicheat can expose like: rushing game isn't where it needs to be, pass rush still not getting there, secondary concerns and lack of a speedy WR. Also as good as Romo is, he lacks the experience as a starter which Belicheat will also exploit. Also not sure how much emotion this team has after Monday night game. So I'm somewhat prepared for anything. Just hope we don't get any injuries.

sk0aL

Reaction score
How long has it been, since Dallas played in a game where we could be looked at as the NFL top team?

I don't buy the argument that this is going to define our season. The Cowboys are already a top 5 team in this league and we don't need to beat NE to prove that, which would be unfair to any team because the Patriots are a juggernaut right now.

Look at the Colts game last year. After that game we were the pick to rep the NFC in the super bowl by virtually every analyst then we had our typical December implosion. Even if we do manage to win this game I wouldn't call us an elite team until we can finish a season strong with 11-12 wins and claim the division with ease. The season is 16 games long for a reason.

Woods

Reaction score
Win or lose, I still think the product we put on the field in a few weeks with Glenn, Henry, and Tank hopefully all ready to go is going to be even better. Plus, Ellis should only improve as he knocks off the rust.

I expect this team to play strong the 2nd half of this year.

sk0aL

Reaction score
Woods;1700588 said:
Win or lose, I still think the product we put on the field in a few weeks with Glenn, Henry, and Tank hopefully all ready to go is going to be even better. Plus, Ellis should only improve as he knocks off the rust.

I expect this team to play strong the 2nd half of this year.

No doubt. As good as this team is now, I get chills thinking about what Tank Johnson is going to bring to our defense. A good NT is the foundation of any good 3-4 defense. Our front seven never gets any pressure because the guys up front don't get any penetration or require any double teams.

And even if Terry Glenn isn't the same player after surgery, he's still a threat that is going to open up the passing game even more. Having to worry about TO, Glenn, Crayton and Witten on the field at the same time is enough to give any defensive coordinator a headache.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
sago1;1700581 said:
We are 5-0 and lucky to be that.

No, we're not... we've destroyed 4 teams pretty thoroughly, then tried to give a game away to Buffalo, but rallied to TAKE the win...

No luck to it... 5-0 is where we SHOULD be right now...

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
silverbear;1700592 said:
No, we're not... we've destroyed 4 teams pretty thoroughly, then tried to give a game away to Buffalo, but rallied to TAKE the win...

No luck to it... 5-0 is where we SHOULD be right now...

:thumbup: