Sunday Ticket is great, but.....

Bizwah

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed the Sunday Ticket. I haven't missed all of a Cowboy game since I've had it.

But it sure gives you headaches.

I know of the blackout rules, and the local channel rules.....but sometimes it makes no sense.

Like today....

The Rams are the local team in my area. For the whole season, I've received the Rams games on my local channel and Sunday Ticket channels. That's what's happening today.

But today, I wanted to watch part of the Commander game......It's blacked out.

Why?

There is no rhyme or reason for this.....it's never happened before. And while I'm not heart-broken over losing a Skin game, I am worried that it may be a Cowboy game next time.

I called DirectTV to complain, but all I got was an, "it's not our fault" deal. She also went on to recite the rules which I already know.

Anyone else have this problem? Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I have really enjoyed the Sunday Ticket. I haven't missed all of a Cowboy game since I've had it.

But it sure gives you headaches.

I know of the blackout rules, and the local channel rules.....but sometimes it makes no sense.

Like today....

The Rams are the local team in my area. For the whole season, I've received the Rams games on my local channel and Sunday Ticket channels. That's what's happening today.

But today, I wanted to watch part of the Commander game......It's blacked out.

Why?

There is no rhyme or reason for this.....it's never happened before. And while I'm not heart-broken over losing a Skin game, I am worried that it may be a Cowboy game next time.

I called DirectTV to complain, but all I got was an, "it's not our fault" deal. She also went on to recite the rules which I already know.

Anyone else have this problem? Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Living out of town I suppose you would have to get that. But it just seems wrong to pay for NFL games. They should be free. Always.

thewivil

Reaction score
I've always thought Sunday Ticket would be a 1,000 times better if they charged you about $40 to just see a single team's games throughout the entire season. I like to watch football, but when I sit down on Sunday, I'm there to watch the Cowboys. I don't wanna pay that absurd amount to watch every other team in the NFL play.

calico

Reaction score
I have always hoped for a pay per view of out of area football games. I would pay $5-10 a week for a game that I could not get locally, but I don't want to get the Sunday Ticket package.

scottsp

Reaction score
I don't like how you can't watch all the games in the 700s. Ones shown locally can only be viewed on local FOX/CBS feeds on DTV. It can be a pain.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thewivil said:
I've always thought Sunday Ticket would be a 1,000 times better if they charged you about $40 to just see a single team's games throughout the entire season. I like to watch football, but when I sit down on Sunday, I'm there to watch the Cowboys. I don't wanna pay that absurd amount to watch every other team in the NFL play.
:hammer:

Bizwah

Reaction score
scottsp said:
I don't like how you can't watch all the games in the 700s. Ones shown locally can only be viewed on local FOX/CBS feeds on DTV. It can be a pain.

Again, that's the problem.

I'm getting my "local" game on both the local channel, and on ch 711. It's the Wash/SF game that I'm not getting for some reason.