Sundays Weather , Deterent or Advantage?

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Why does everyone think the snow is a negative for The Boys:confused:

I'd like to think that a slippery field would be an advantage for us.

They're "D" line is quick where as our OL is large.Slppery field slows that rush down.
Advantage "Boys" .

Offensively our QB is mobile ,theirs is not ,
Advantage
,Boy's.

Everyone knows that a Receiver has the advantage running route's because he knows where he's going and the Defender has to react, with a bad field,and our two great receivers ,
Advantage ,Boys.

Our running game with Choice should be enough of a threat to keep their "D" honest.

Now don't get me wrong, it sounds like I think we should roll the steelers ,and thats far from the truth, I think it's going to be a tough game, but I do believe that the weather there isn't such a deterent to us as most think.

JMO you understand.:D

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
It's a deterrent because this offense can explode on anyone. With the conditions the way they are the passing game will definitely be hindered.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Monster Heel;2465261 said:
It's a deterrent because this offense can explode on anyone. With the conditions the way they are the passing game will definitely be hindered.

Sorry, but I don't understand. What offense can explode??

Pitt??? I haven't seen it yet.

newera

Reaction score
sandtrapp;2465253 said:
Offensively our QB is mobile ,theirs is not ,
Advantage ,Boy's.

I'm not sure why people think roethlisberger isnt mobile. He moves around in the pocket very well and is hard to bring down. Dont get me wrong i think we'll be able to get to him, but he isnt a statue in the pocket as some on here seem to think.
Now that I've gotten that out, I agree with pretty much everything else you said.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The weather factor is overblown in one respect. Both teams have to play in it, so it's even from that perspective. I don't buy the argument that the Steelers are use to playing in the cold. Actually, they probably only play 2-3 cold weather games per year at most, in December and January if they have home playoff games. However, it does have a negative effect on us due to the fact that we rely on the passing game much more than the Steelers. We're a big play offense and the weather, especially the wind, might very well hurt our ability to move the ball and score. We'll just have to wait and see.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
sandtrapp;2465263 said:
Sorry, but I don't understand. What offense can explode??

Pitt??? I haven't seen it yet.

If that's who he was referring to then he meant to say implode.:laugh2:

REDD

Reaction score
yea i agree 2 but remember he has historey of injury
and if d-ware get that right sack or anybody he be out the game

Mansta54

Reaction score
newera;2465264 said:
I'm not sure why people think roethlisberger isnt mobile. He moves around in the pocket very well and is hard to bring down. Dont get me wrong i think we'll be able to get to him, but he isnt a statue in the pocket as some on here seem to think.
Now that I've gotten that out, I agree with pretty much everything else you said.

Ahh, he's the 2nd most sacked QB in the league. Seems like he isn't mobile enough, plus his oline stinks.... Oh yeah, he's also known to hold the ball waaaay too long...

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Hopefully Ware won't be limited due to his knee injury. We're certainly gonna need him. Personally, I think the mediots are overlooking our pass rush. All I keep hearing about is how we're gonna have trouble with the Steeler's pass rush. Our O line is certainly more capable of handling their rush than their line is of handling our rush. Their O line sucks.

vicjagger

Reaction score
FWIW, I live about 90 miles north of Pittsburgh. Here's a shot of my side yard taken approx. 6 hours before kick-off. We got about 1 foot last night....Pittsburgh, likely less.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/[URL="http://img201.*************/my.php?image=12708weatherth5.jpg"][IMG]http://img201.*************/img201/3968/12708weatherth5.th.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2465279 said:
Hopefully Ware won't be limited due to his knee injury. We're certainly gonna need him. Personally, I think the mediots are overlooking our pass rush. All I keep hearing about is how we're gonna have trouble with the Steeler's pass rush. Our O line is certainly more capable of handling their rush than their line is of handling our rush. Their O line sucks.

I got a feeling Greg is gonna go off today, I expect 3 sacks from Mr Ellis and no less...