Super Bowl LVII Delays Expected As Game Sets Another Streaming Record

triplets_93

Reaction score
Forbes hints at who they think will win the SB in this article about the extra delay when watching the game streamed over the internet vs over-the-air...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradad...ing-record-but-expect-delays/?sh=46d36bf11f5e

For men 18-34 the breakout in viewing sources was different; only 40% used set-top-boxes/antennas, there was a 38% share for out-of-home viewing, a 10% share for viewing on Smart TVs and a 7% share used internet connected devices. The declining use of set top boxes is indicative of the impact cord-cutting is having on viewer behavior and raises issues for streaming. This year’s Super Bowl will be available on FoxSports.com among other streaming providers.

“Any interaction - chatting, texting, notifications - will potentially ruin the viewing experience. Imagine 30 seconds to go in the game and Patrick Mahomes throws the winning TD, but before you see the play, you get a text from your friend who already saw it - this is inexcusable and doesn't have to happen,” Corenthal continued.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is nothing new. Back when Eli Manning was playing and I was watching the game on my computer, I would get a text, Eli being Eli. 10 seconds later he throws a pick. Earlier this year, my friend pulls up to my lane at work, he said, Chiefs won. They're just walking up to the line. There's 15 second left on the play clock. Sure enough, around 30 seconds after my friend pulls up, Chiefs won. So how long is this extra delay, 2 minutes?