Super Bowl Ticket Prices

CowboysFilmStudy

Reaction score
Just out of sheer curiosity I checked to see what the value of this years Super Bowl tickets were. The cheapest one I found in the 400s section was about $8800. The most expensive one in the 100s was $55,000. It’s unfortunate that true fans of a team will never be able to see their team play in the biggest game because I’m assuming most average Joes like me and most people on here would never be able to afford that. Even if the Cowboys made it in the distant future there’s no way I’d justify paying that much money to watch a game in person.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
It's been this way for a long time. NFL sells blocks to corporations first, there are very few tickets available to individual fans. So most of the resale tix are just some VP trying to pay for his European vacation.

1942willys

Reaction score
like 10% is offered to each franchise to do with as they want and all the rest is corporate

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
My ex wife gets SB tickets through her team every year, we always would sell them-usually get around 2x face value from a "broker" who then resells them. It's unspoken around the office but everybody knows (but not everybody sells them) her contact is an ex player who's on the team staff, he's the "go-between" between my ex wife and the broker.

Flamma

Reaction score
Just out of sheer curiosity I checked to see what the value of this years Super Bowl tickets were. The cheapest one I found in the 400s section was about $8800. The most expensive one in the 100s was $55,000. It’s unfortunate that true fans of a team will never be able to see their team play in the biggest game because I’m assuming most average Joes like me and most people on here would never be able to afford that. Even if the Cowboys made it in the distant future there’s no way I’d justify paying that much money to watch a game in person.
You're right, but there is no way to fix this. This is what happens when something becomes valuable. The average Joe probably will never drive a Rolls Royce. But if you gave him one it wouldn't change anything, he'd probably sell it. I love the Cowboys, but if I had two tickets worth 20k, I'm selling them and watching the game on my big screen.

DZSierra

Reaction score
You go for the atmosphere.
Dealing with the airports, ground transsportation and then all the same smucks like you getting into the game and then having to pay way overpriced anything for everything because of the "big event"? (you think prices go down around that weekend?LOL)

The atmosphere of my basement watching the game is just perfect for me! :)