Super Hypothetical

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This is for entertainment purposes only. This a complete "what if" situation.

Okay, here's the situation.

1. Jerry Jones, the Cowboys coaching staff, and the Cowboys Scouting Department fall head over heels in love with Ndamukong Suh.

2. St. Louis has the Number one pick and has announced that they have too many holes to fill and are looking to trade the pick.

3. Marcus Spears and Jason Hatcher left via Free Agency. We filled most of our other holes (offensive line depth, etc.) in Free Agency.

What package of picks and players would you be willing to trade to get him. Try to be as realistic as possible. It has to be a trade that both the Cowboys and Rams would live with. Our pick is low first round, say the 27th pick.

Won't happen, but if the Cowboys got the "House of Spears" to go with Jay Ratliff and DeMarcus Ware, we would be nasty.

suh-sidebar.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't think there's much difference between Gerald McCoy and Suh...so if dropped to 10 th or so, I'd be willing to go for it. Doubt that will happen though---bet they both are top 5 picks.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I'm really not sure.

I wonder if the Rams would be desperate and not take full value?

Suh is an awesome player but I would much take Berry in the top player if we are doing this.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Okay, you guys kind of suck at hypotheticals.

I said Jerry wants him. What Jerra wants, Jerra gets.

Your task was to put together a package that you'd be willing to give up but would also be enough for the Rams.

Not.... "would you do it?" It's more like "get it done!"

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3136030 said:

Your task was to put together a package that you'd be willing to give up but would also be enough for the Rams.

Dude, you can't force me to be stupid. Even if it's just for play.

:laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3136030 said:

he was also thought to want Darren McFadden, and never entertained the thought of giving up the farm for him

RS12

Reaction score
1. Jerry Jones, the Cowboys coaching staff, and the Cowboys Scouting Department fall head over heels in love with Ndamukong Suh.

Would take a Ricky Williams type deal. The O Line needs young blood first and foremost. Also Suh would need to play in 4-3 to really take advantage of his abilities.

3. Marcus Spears and Jason Hatcher left via Free Agency. We filled most of our other holes (offensive line depth, etc.) in Free Agency.

I think they are both back. Effect of lack of CBA is longer club control of vets.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3135627 said:
This is for entertainment purposes only. This a complete "what if" situation.

Okay, here's the situation.

2. St. Louis has the Number one pick and has announced that they have too many holes to fill and are looking to trade the pick.

What package of picks and players would you be willing to trade to get him. Try to be as realistic as possible. It has to be a trade that both the Cowboys and Rams would live with. Our pick is low first round, say the 27th pick.

Won't happen, but if the Cowboys got the "House of Spears" to go with Jay Ratliff and DeMarcus Ware, we would be nasty.

suh-sidebar.jpg

not a chance in hell it'd happen

further, any 3-4 team that invested alot to move up for Suh would be stupid...he isnt going to make that many plays in this style of scheme...he needs to be in a 4-3...looks like he'll be a very good player, but not as a 3-4 DE

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Suh will be a bust.
if you don't believe it, I'll see you in 12 months on these forums.

I don't want him as a Cowboy if he falls to the 2nd round, let alone trading up to the first pick.

Ratliff is better than him anyway, 10 fold.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Jerry sends the entire DCC to visit the Rams front office for some "Philanthropy Work." He then is able to gnab the Rams first round pick for a 2010 2nd, 2011 2nd, and 2011 4th.

Jerry uses the Rams pick on Suh and our pick on either S Earl Thomas or ILB Rolando McClain.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3136313 said:
Suh will be a bust.
if you don't believe it, I'll see you in 12 months on these forums.

I don't want him as a Cowboy if he falls to the 2nd round, let alone trading up to the first pick.

Ratliff is better than him anyway, 10 fold.

What dont you like about him?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY;3136052 said:
Dude, you can't force me to be stupid. Even if it's just for play.

:laugh2:

Now Yeags on the other hand..............................