Super Luepke!

DallasInDC

Reaction score
You do realize he only has 2 carries (and 6 catches). And 1 of those carries was for 6 yds and the other for 2.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The talent is there to be utilized, if only MM finds it within himself to make use of the talents that he has available. Now's the time to be bold, sir!

blueblood70

Reaction score
You do realize he only has 2 carries (and 6 catches). And 1 of those carries was for 6 yds and the other for 2.
Yes too small a sample size it's true but still there's some hope there's a guy that looks like he's got something now it's up to the coaches to give him more opportunities I can see why people are excited I mean he's literally taking carries and plays away from Ezekiel Elliott 'cause he can block he can go out for passes he can do short yardage decent running game for a big guy I mean that is what we brought Ezekiel Elliott back for and now they're kind of keeping him on the back burner for emergencies because of hunter..

Again Mike McCarthy Mr. I can't be creative it's up to him to see these things and utilize them he's not he doesn't use Turpin correctly he doesn't use deuce Vaughn correctly so we can't expect him to use a full back more often I don't know... Who is that fullback's name in Green Bay had a funny name like an odd name to remember maybe this is odd name fullbacks are gonna catch Mike McCarthy's attention..was it Choon?

blueblood70

Reaction score
What a laugh.

Here are the stats Luepke is leading the offense in:
YPC for a RB - 4.0
Rushing Success Rate% - 100%
YPT all - 10.4
Receiving Success Rate% - 71.4%
2nd in Catch Rate - 85.7% (Schoonmaker is #1 at 87.5% - Though Tyler Smith is 100% at 1-1!)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2024.htm
look I know why you're excited but there's way too many sample size you know how many guys can come into a basketball game or a game and hit two or three threes and be 100% at threes and their percentage looks really really good right now that's the thing too small sample size but yes there's something there it'll be up to our coaches to give more opportunities.. He's being utilized like an HBACK/ Hybrid guy and something's there but can MM utilize it? hmm

im have doubts

Creeper

Reaction score
I get the joke, but I would give Luepke more chances. I think he can do more than they are allowing him to do, in the running game and the passing game. I would also try to get Schoonmaker more involved. I thought I saw something last week in him. He's a 2nd round pick and they don't use him. Why did they bother drafting him?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't you ever be anything but positive about future hall of famer and league MVP Hunter Luepke
I know we're joking but it's super super difficult for a full back a true fullback to get into the Hall of Fame even our infamous moose is not in the hall of fame he ....tial credit for emmett smith's career..

No, Daryl "Moose" Johnston is not in the NFL Hall of Fame....:thumbdown:

gtb1943

Reaction score
I know we're joking but it's super super difficult for a full back a true fullback to get into the Hall of Fame even our infamous moose is not in the hall of fame he ....tial credit for emmett smith's career..

No, Daryl "Moose" Johnston is not in the NFL Hall of Fame....:thumbdown:
And I doubt he ever will be. Which sucks.
He had a critical role in one of the greatest dynasties the NFL ever saw and he will never get the respect he deserves.
At least we do.

gtb1943

Reaction score

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He had a 24 yard catch against Baltimore and some fans are going nuts over him. One fan wants us to feed him the ball all day. :rolleyes: This is at least the second thread about him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I get the joke, but I would give Luepke more chances. I think he can do more than they are allowing him to do, in the running game and the passing game. I would also try to get Schoonmaker more involved. I thought I saw something last week in him. He's a 2nd round pick and they don't use him. Why did they bother drafting him?
I'm always big for playing a guy who delivers on the field, even if it's in limited snaps.
If he doesn't deliver again, then you know something.
If he does, then you keep him on the field til he doesn't.

PFF has Schoonmaker about equal to Ferguson. Keep giving him chances until he doesn't look as good.

I'm also a big believer in giving players *some* snaps and touches every week. I think that motivates players in practice.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the run on TE's were drying up before their eyes, plus they heard he can block well!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm always big for playing a guy who delivers on the field, even if it's in limited snaps.
If he doesn't deliver again, then you know something.
If he does, then you keep him on the field til he doesn't.

PFF has Schoonmaker about equal to Ferguson. Keep giving him chances until he doesn't look as good.

I'm also a big believer in giving players *some* snaps and touches every week. I think that motivates players in practice.
First of all,

I know the guys not super-fast or quick running seems and big plays but I don't know what the knock was on Luke , Schoonmaker actually caught balls in tough places with traffic and hard hits and seems to be able to catch the football. So he's a better blocker than he is a guy to go out and get you chunk place but he's a solid tight end and I know people think it was a waste of a second round pick but if he keeps developing he'll never be great but he's going to be a solid contributor to this team both in blocking and when you need a chain moving small yardage pickup he looks like the guy that can play that part again the man somehow because he was the second round pick thought he should be an immediate impact big time player and that's not how it works in the NFL you just hope a guy can get on the team and play steady solid football and Luke Schoonmaker looks like that guy.. He showed this as a rookie he just didn't get much chances but when you were at the goal line that should have been a touchdown against Miami I believe I can't remember he caught that ball getting hit at the goal line and didn't give up anything he's made a few catches like that since and so far what I've seen this year is a kid that can play the number 2 tight end spot your your primary blocker in heavy run sets etcetera.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He had a 24 yard catch against Baltimore and some fans are going nuts over him. One fan wants us to feed him the ball all day. :rolleyes: This is at least the second thread about him.
Correct people are excited because they see potential, potential should be grown on the field with opportunities..

so they're hoping that Mike McCarthy sees this and that gives him more opportunities same with Schoonmaker as someone mentioned above the guys are going to be contributors on this team as role players are almost as important as your star players IMHO

they have to do their jobs when called upon we had guys like Jeff heath who was hated on but that dude did nothing but do his job he was never a starter but he was a superior special teams player and then he also a backup kicker and he played pretty well giving his opportunities he was never going to be a star..

you can't make up rosters that are top heavy in salary cap money and then still have to fill out like 45 other guys that have specific roles and that are rotational guys so yes people see the potential there's no reason not to get excited he should get a few more opportunities because he's not just a fullback or a short yardage running back they're using him as an H back like it out of the backfield as like a another option at tight end...

dont hate on Fans for just being excited about players who arent superstars..

blueblood70

Reaction score
What a laugh.

Here are the stats Luepke is leading the offense in:
YPC for a RB - 4.0
Rushing Success Rate% - 100%
YPT all - 10.4
Receiving Success Rate% - 71.4%
2nd in Catch Rate - 85.7% (Schoonmaker is #1 at 87.5% - Though Tyler Smith is 100% at 1-1!)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2024.htm
are you talking about the controversy of legal pass from Dak at the GL to prevent a safety, wast that tyler? that cant be official wasnt that an illegal touch? or was it another?