Sure tackling by Roy Williams today

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I have been critical a bunch this year about Roy but I thought he tackled extremely well today, and then really layed a solid shoulder hit on Jacobs that made the home fans ooooh and wince even.

Shockey had a huge game numbers wise, but Roy was tight on the TD, it was just a very good throw and shield by Shockey. Yes Roy struggles anticipating and jumping the pass a bit, but today he tackled like the strong safety I think he can consistently be. He got the ankles, wrapped up and the ball carrier didn't go for any extra yards.

Credit where credit is due. Hamlin is complementing Roy nicely at this mid season time.

LarryCanadian

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Been a while since Ive seen him level someone like he did Jacobs today. Was nice to see.

Martice

Reaction score
The whole crowd let out a big Oooooh went that happened!

I was funny as hell actually.

thekavorka

Reaction score
I thought he did a good job of wrapping up, especially on one of those quick passes to Shockey in the flat.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I agree. I don't think we have anyone that can really match-up with Shockey completely. But if you tackle him for very few YAC that's good enough. He played real solid today and has really played solid since the Giant game when he basically ended their last drive on 4 plays.

ddh33

Reaction score
I thought Roy was very good today.

With all of the talk about the Giants and Roy having nightmares about Shockey, how many points did the Giants score in the second half? And how many points did they score when Dallas didn't practically give them the yards they needed?

2much2soon

Reaction score
I am a Roy critic but he made some nice plays in the run game today.
He came down the back of the line and made a particularly nice ankle tackle on, I think it was Jacobs, one play.
Roy took advantage of his strengths today and played to them well.
BTW, he never looked like he was favoring any body parts today like he has seemed to the past couple of seasons. Seems some games he acts like his shoulder is hurting.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bizwah;1759337 said:
Newman's been tackling very well as of late.

Newman's always been a good to great tackler, especially considering his position and his stature...

David