Surprise cuts this preseason? Your prediction?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Drew Henson (trade? baker is getting all the snaps, writing is on the wall)
Skyler Green (why trade for a career kick returner when we just spent a 4th round pick on one?)
Jason Fabini (or hate to say it but maybe Rob Petitti, doesnt sound like Bill plans on keeping more than 3 OTs, good news is Rob is getting all the time)
Marcus Coleman (if you consider that a surprise, strong showing from depth at safety and corner makes him the odd man out)

....and let me say that I hope none of 'em come true. I wish for nothing more than promising youth and good performances from cheap vets. :)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Another one might be Stephen Peterman, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as a surprise either. Haven't seen much on who is getting the time at guard so can't make a guess on that one.

DBoys

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Drew Henson (trade?)
Skyler Green
Jason Fabini (or hate to say it but maybe Rob Petitti, doesnt sound like Bill plans on keeping more than 3 OTs)
Marcus Coleman (if you consider that a surprise)

....and let me say that I hope none of 'em come true. I wish for nothing more than promising youth and good performances from cheap vets. :)

Drew doesn't count against the 53 so no reason to cut him.
Cut our 4th rounder? Don't think that is going to happen.
Maybe Fabini
Coleman gives us good depth and he is cheap don't think he will get cut.

Watkins playing well on special teams puts Copper in danger.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Another one might be Stephen Peterman, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as a surprise either. Haven't seen much on who is getting the time at guard so can't make a guess on that one.

Darn!

You took my Peterman guess!

:yousuck:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I think Green stays on just because of his PR/KR ability. BP really sounded like he wants to give him every shot to stick for that reason alone.

The guy I think gets cut is Fabini. BP said something today about not knowing what you will get with a guy his age. That to me was a red flag right there.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Skyler Green (why trade for a career kick returner when we just spent a 4th round pick on one?)
Jason Fabini (or hate to say it but maybe Rob Petitti, doesnt sound like Bill plans on keeping more than 3 OTs, good news is Rob is getting all the time)
Marcus Coleman (if you consider that a surprise, strong showing from depth at safety and corner makes him the odd man out)

I'd be shocked if Henson or Petitti were cut or traded. Shocked, I say!

Not so with Green, Fabini, and/or Peterman.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

The only one of these that would surprise me would be Henson...I doubt we will cut him.

Green is not showing enough to keep a job and I get the feeling that Parcells just doesn't care for this kid. Fabini and Coleman...washed up.

My surprise cut would be Pepper Johnson...Parcells sounded the other day like he was losing patience with him. I could be reading it all wrong but that is my guess.