T.O. ...Demon or Angel?!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
not a demon, nor is he an angel. He is just a misguided individual, that was played by his agents and the eagles organization.

I in fact side with him. I would welcomehim here with us, if that came about, because he is a great player.

People seem to forget, that Jerry can do whatever he wants to do, he gave BP control, but he did not give BP total control. Jery is still the owner and GM, and that means he can do what he wants when he wants.

He said in the press conference when BP was hired that he will give BP control but he was not handing over all of the control.

BP has stated on numerous occasions that he has to get Jerry to sign off off moves, or discuss moves with Jerry, because he is the one who signs his checks.

I do not buy into the agent thing at all. TO had a pretty good agent when he was in SF. He was making money there. He changed agents because the current rodent he chooses to call his agent promised him that he would get him more money. Everybody in the league knows about Drew Rosenhorsearse. TO hired him for a specific reason. He wanted more money and when that carrot got dangled, he made a decision based on that more then anything else. Drew forced the issue with the Eagles, which was the wrong thing to do, and now he's got his butt in a narrow little crack. Don't miss understand me here. The Eagles deserve everything there getting because they elected to dance with the devil, as it were, but TO is in the position he's in because he is greedy.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
aikemirv said:
Actually , ... coming over to a Cowboy board and calling out people who would like to see him in Dallas.

Are you 1 of them??

I'm not calling out anyone. I'm merely establishing some stimulating dialogue. BTW, I'm enjoying most of the responses by people that I've dialogued with "people" herelonger than you have.

BHendri5

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
I don't think that any of the people who would like him to come to Dallas are hypocritical.

I just think they have no principles and don't care what a player does as long as he gets the team wins.

Like I said before, that is why we have the problems with athletes today. They get away with stuff just because they are talented and that is just wrong.

Too bad, you are wrong. everytime a person tries to think for another, and in this case for a lot of people, you will always be wrong and open yourself up to some criticism.

Don't do that, do not try and think for others, especially if they do not agree with you. It will cause you problems everytime.

Everyone here has some principals, so do not try and say that they don't.
That is your opinion on what is wrong with the athletes today, whatever happened to you to cause you to think that keep it to yourself and work it out, once you do then I would be happy to hear of your experience.

I just want to say that what you said is not what is wrong with the athletes today. It is not that simple, cut and dried, or black and white, there are a lot of things and that may be a small part of it, but have you ever thought that it may have come about because of something that happened.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Some fans on this board are dillusional, just like, gulp, Skins fans. Over there you hear the whole "Gibbs could controll TO". What makes anyone think he wont pull the same **** here. SF was a bad situation, but he was still getting his numbers. He gets traded, the 1st thing he does is complain about being traded to Baltimore. So at this point he's crapped on Balitmore, and SF already.

He cries his way to Philly. Philly, this is the best team in the NFC at the time. If there were a team out there that TO would push into the top spot in the NFL, this would be it. Good RB, Pro Bowl QB, very good defense. A HC who had worked his way into the upper quadrant of NFL Coaches. An organization that was a model franchise, from front office to the players on the roster.(Hate the Iggles, just gotta give credit where it's due). Things start to sour a bit for TO, and he makes scene.

I for one think this Dallas team can be better without him. Without the baggage. Parcells has built a team with a very solid young core, along with a nice veteran cast. This team has chemistry, and you can see it. There is no question that TO is a top 3 WR, that he is going to make the team more explosive on the field, and really that's all taht counts..but it seems his baggage outways his production.

TO is a great teammate? You know what, he might just be. But IMO a good teammate doesn't air team business on national Television. A good teammate, if he has a problem with a player, a coach, a towel boy, he goes to that person. He keeps it internal. He doesn't cause a media hooplah about it, he doesn't take off his shirt and do sit ups in his drive way.

People, this is not Madden, this isn't your Fantasy Football league. Besides the fact that we aren't landing TO for cheap, this wont benefit us. This isn't Charles Haley. Charles Haley was a troubled soul, but it wasn't near TO. TO has publicly called out his QB(2 of em), his O-Coordinator(2 of em), and his former HC(in SF). TO will command top dollar, hey, the gamble maybe would pay off, but usually high risk makes the entire thing a gamble in the 1st place.

Maybe in this game of Russian roulette we spin and get lucky. But TO is 2/2 at pissing off his employers.

That was a good read BB

BHendri5

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I do not buy into the agent thing at all. TO had a pretty good agent when he was in SF. He was making money there. He changed agents because the current rodent he chooses to call his agent promised him that he would get him more money. Everybody in the league knows about Drew Rosenhorsearse. TO hired him for a specific reason. He wanted more money and when that carrot got dangled, he made a decision based on that more then anything else. Drew forced the issue with the Eagles, which was the wrong thing to do, and now he's got his butt in a narrow little crack. Don't miss understand me here. The Eagles deserve everything there getting because they elected to dance with the devil, as it were, but TO is in the position he's in because he is greedy.

Let me remind you in case you forgot, that pretty good agent that you say T.O. had in SF, let his contract expire without calling T.O. or the team, and they had to go to court and then on top of that he started that whole lame deal with the Ravens and he finished the whole circus off with the lame deal he got with the eagles, because T.O. could not go back to the 9ers.

T.O. had to fire that nitwit, I would have and you would have to, if he let your contract expire.

Oh T.O. even called him to tell him that his contract expiration date was coming up and that he needed to get to work.

aikemirv

Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
Too bad, you are wrong. everytime a person tries to think for another, and in this case for a lot of people, you will always be wrong and open yourself up to some criticism.

Don't do that, do not try and think for others, especially if they do not agree with you. It will cause you problems everytime.

Everyone here has some principals, so do not try and say that they don't.
That is your opinion on what is wrong with the athletes today, whatever happened to you to cause you to think that keep it to yourself and work it out, once you do then I would be happy to hear of your experience.

I just want to say that what you said is not what is wrong with the athletes today. It is not that simple, cut and dried, or black and white, there are a lot of things and that may be a small part of it, but have you ever thought that it may have come about because of something that happened.

There is right and wrong!

There is black and white!

It has been proven over and over that people who are not held responsible for their actions will continue to do things until they are held accountable.

You see it every day, Open your eyes!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he is an angel or a demon.

More like a jerk, idiot and narcissist (as LTN said many moons ago).

I don't want him on this team and I hope he doesn't come to this team.

However if he did I would still follow the team, still hope he did well because it would help the team.

I just would not be going out and buying his jersey or wanting to see or hear him run his mouth.

Although Deion Sanders was nothing like T.O.....I still could not stand Deion...but I still backed the team and hoped Deion did well in order to help our team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BHendri5 said:
Let me remind you in case you forgot, that pretty good agent that you say T.O. had in SF, let his contract expire without calling T.O. or the team, and they had to go to court and then on top of that he started that whole lame deal with the Ravens and he finished the whole circus off with the lame deal he got with the eagles, because T.O. could not go back to the 9ers.

T.O. had to fire that nitwit, I would have and you would have to, if he let your contract expire.

Oh T.O. even called him to tell him that his contract expiration date was coming up and that he needed to get to work.

Let me remind you that that same agent had a pretty nice deal on the table for Owens the year before, from the 49rs but TO would not come to terms. I would also say that the agent claims the whole contract signing issue was bogus. I don't know if it was or not but I know that agent had a deal worked out. Lets take this one step further and ask the question, why Rosen!$#@%^ as an agent? There are many, many others out there that are better IMO. TO could have picked anybody but he went with Drew. Why? There's only one reason a guy picks agents like Rosenhaus IMO. That, my friend, is money.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
That was a good read BB

That was a good read?
Do you know how T.O. ended up with the Ravens. His old agent let his contract expire and they had to go to court/arbitration, to get it reinstated.
T.O. in fact called his agent to let remind him about his contract expiration date coming up.

So after they met with the arbitrator, and they ruled in favor of T.O., the SF disregarded other teams or team which was the eagles/ and chose to deal with the Ravens, and decided to deal with them, but T.O. said no he wanted to go to the eagles if he had to pick between the two teams.

It was all over espn when it happened. So BB, is just posting from his dislike of Owens.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
Rewind to a year and a half ago.

Now hear me out. Don't believe the image that the media paints of TO. Garcia was as much to blame as Owens in the media circus. Terrell Owens just wants to play for a winner! He's not about the money, he just wants to play for an organization that knows how to win, and how to deal with the media. San Fran is a joke. He needs a strong head coach, like Reid, and leaders in the locker room: like Dawkins, McNabb, Chad Lewis, etc. The Eagles have that leadership, they are a winning organization, and they are used to dealing with an overzealous media. Owens just needs a fresh start.

Now fast forward back to today. I've learned my lesson. I know who spoke the truth those days. I find myself repeating words I heard from 49er fans spring of 04. Deja vu hit me like a knife in the back, with an evil twist.

Could TO be the ultimate mercenary? A rent-a-player with a one year lease? Perhaps. That's kind of how your quarterback situation has been since Aikman, more or less. Correct me if I'm wrong. How would you guys like a wide reciever situation like that? I'm curious.

Basicly, yes, I think you guys should pick up Owens if you have the chance.

Makes sense! Good perspective TE77.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Yes BH5 ...it was a good read!

But your perspective is perfectly fine also. You see BH5, opposing responses can still be "good reads;" You don't have to agree all the time on everything to make it so.

So Phoenix....

Did the end of that game rip your heart out.. ?

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
Those that want TO have either never been competitive in a team sport, or forgot what dedication and hard work and teamwork is all about. Winning teams don't want to let the guy next to him down. It is the fear of failure and drive by friends amongst teammates that drives players to work harder, and be better players. TO starts to take away that from those around him, cause there is no family anymore the way he acts. JUST SAY NO TO T.O.

This board is starting to show signs similar to extremeskins. Keep the morons, and homers in check every once in a while. JMO

silver

Reaction score
no angel, no demon and not our problem. let TO go elsewhere.

i swear if another malcontent WR throws a sweaty jersey in parcells face i'll personally hunt him down.

silver

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Scot McCloughan brought him back to Earth, saying "He's a team-wrecker.''.
I'll take McCloughan's word for it. We don't need team wreckers.

Alexander said:
``Growing up, there was no one there to parent him.''
No wonder he acts like a child. I'm sure BP is not in the mood to parent anybody at his age.

Alexander said:
After an hour, I was exhausted. I left thinking he was a complicated young man in need of some therapy. Those inside the 49ers' organization at the time say that -- to their knowledge -- he never got any. Or any medication.

Well this does it for me. everytime one of these jerks starts acting like a spoiled kid throwing a temper trantum everytime things don't go their way they are bi-polar. Only if profesional football you run into so many bi-polar primadonas.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
You are what you eat, so I'm guessing it's no coincidence that TO's daily meals consist of Alphebet soup with every letter but "I" taken out, nails, and the tears of small children.

:cool:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The Eagles boards looked like this before last season. That didnt turn out well.

No one can tame this man, not Reid, not Parcells, even God himself was heard saying he wants no part of TO. There is no risk in signing TO, it is fact: He will destroy the chemistry and unity of whoever signs him, just like he did in SF and Philly.

And, once more for the hearing impaired, TO is not coachable, not even for Parcells.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WV COWBOY

that is indeed the question
How bad would Eagle fans hate it if TO did come to Dallas and things worked out for him and the Cowboys ?

Answer: They would surely die. Ala Babe Ruth with Boston. Different situation=same result.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
So Phoenix....Did the end of that game rip your heart out.. ?

I'll respond to that M 1967, ...

...It might have, if I believed that we had no chance of rebounding under QB McMahon.

...It might have if Dallas had controlled the ball for 56 minutes of the game. And regardless of how many times you can say "yeah ...but we got the WIN" you know the Dallas Cowboys didn't beat the Eagles that day; the Eagles beat the Eagles on behalf of the Cowboys! [note: now that's not taking anything away from the Cowboys -- I'm merely responding to your post]

...It might have, if McNabb had thrown the pick and was 100% healthy.

But I see things through Eagle-eyes. That simply means that I believe in my team just as much as you believe in yours -- despite the fact that my team is in last place; and yours in first place!

At this point, unless you have several games like we just did, you guys certainly look like you're the strong ones in the NFCE ...as such, would it rip your heart out if you didn't make the playoffs this year? If not, why not? If so, why?