T.O.'s camp (pics)

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
TheKey said:
Yeah but seeing as he was in Dallas, and he said were just happy to be HERE, it makes you wonder.

No, he wasn't talking about Owens. His voice inflection made it sound like the person just recently signed. Like "Well, that's too bad...he already signed."

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Well who just signed, McNair? You made it sound like it was Owens by saying, "nice to hear the candid truth"

And Hostile, I have heard of a contract, but TO hasnt, he has already broken 2

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheKey said:
Well who just signed, McNair? You made it sound like it was Owens by saying, "nice to hear the candid truth"

No he didn't.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
TheKey said:

Didn't mean to infer that. All I meant was it was kind of nice to hear the guy talking like a real person instead of the carefully-worded, public front image version of himself. Sounded to me like one of his clients had just signed with someone and whoever he signed with wanted more out of his client than he wanted to give. Hence the "Well too bad, he's already signed."

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Very interesying sutff!! I now understand what this camp was all about. I was under the impression it was a TO run camp. Now i see. TO gets these fomer players to put on a camp, probably pays them a little, then the rest goes to his foundation. But in the end, TO just shows for a photo op and really does zero work.He's just putting his name on the thing so kids will show up. Just as well, i'm sure the kids had fun and learned something. TO probably scheduled it now because he knew he'd be a Valley Ranch and would have a good excuse not to be there more then a few minutes. So he sends his lackeys, ie agent and publicist out for the day. AHHH to be a rich and famous athlete who can do whatever you want:)

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
Very interesying sutff!! I now understand what this camp was all about. I was under the impression it was a TO run camp. Now i see. TO gets these fomer players to put on a camp, probably pays them a little, then the rest goes to his foundation. But in the end, TO just shows for a photo op and really does zero work.He's just putting his name on the thing so kids will show up. Just as well, i'm sure the kids had fun and learned something. TO probably scheduled it now because he knew he'd be a Valley Ranch and would have a good excuse not to be there more then a few minutes. So he sends his lackeys, ie agent and publicist out for the day. AHHH to be a rich and famous athlete who can do whatever you want:)

Exactly...but you know what? My son STILL had a great time and probably learned more than he would have if TO had been there all day. The coaches that actually were there for the boys CARED. They answered questions and taught them well. TO didn't sign autographs, didn't answer questions, didn't take pictures. (Only reason Tanin and Eric got to be in a picture with him was because his publicist promised us one before the camp.) Tanin told me "Seeing TO in the flesh was cool and all, but I really liked the other coaches." I'm glad he is mature enough to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Tass said:
Exactly...but you know what? My son STILL had a great time and probably learned more than he would have if TO had been there all day. The coaches that actually were there for the boys CARED. They answered questions and taught them well. TO didn't sign autographs, didn't answer questions, didn't take pictures. (Only reason Tanin and Eric got to be in a picture with him was because his publicist promised us one before the camp.) Tanin told me "Seeing TO in the flesh was cool and all, but I really liked the other coaches." I'm glad he is mature enough to separate the wheat from the chaff.

That's great!! Glad the guys did a good job teaching and the kids learned something.

Ya know, i'm new here for the most part. I have tried to support TO as best i can at my former site, but when you hear stories like this you just shake your head and except the truth. TO could give a rats behind about a camp for kids, or teaching kids anything the way it looks. I guess i should have expected as much. Guys like Byron Williams and Larry Brown are the real men. Guys that actually take the time and care about someone other than themselves. I'm sure TO is a cool guy when your on "His level" but i have a feeling anyone below that gets the cold shoulder. But that's his right. Oh well, anyway thanks for taking the time to inform us, i learned something.