T.O. vs. Jeff George

Reaction score
...really, whats the difference. Jeff George never caught hell the way T.O. is catching hell.

While I am not a Jeff George fan, I have to admit he was very talented. I've seen him make every type of throw imaginable (touch pass, bullet, bomb, floater, u name it), he could have been one of the best. Jeff had a lot of the same issues with the things that he would say to get him kicked off teams, but he never caught hell the way T.O is getting treated :confused:

When he got into trouble he got released and was free to peddle his wares some where else.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He didn't catch it like TO because he didn't go to the media with his complaints like TO.

He was more an organizational cancer working from the inside. Compare skin cancer with lung cancer. One is more outward, the other more inward but both can kill ya.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:
...really, whats the difference. Jeff George never caught hell the way T.O. is catching hell.

While I am not a Jeff George fan, I have to admit he was very talented. I've seen him make every type of throw imaginable (touch pass, bullet, bomb, floater, u name it), he could have been one of the best. Jeff had a lot of the same issues with the things that he would say to get him kicked off teams, but he never caught hell the way T.O is getting treated :confused:

When he got into trouble he got released and was free to peddle his wares some where else.

...George lost many games due to his untimely interceptions. He had a talented arm with a ten cent head. As a QB you need some field general smarts - he was lacking there.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
i saw the title of the topic and laughed...hahaha (me laughing)

i think comparing them is difficult because of the way TO has been relishing and loving the media attn.

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
He didn't catch it like TO because he didn't go to the media with his complaints like TO.

He was more an organizational cancer working from the inside. Compare skin cancer with lung cancer. One is more outward, the other more inward but both can kill ya.

I don't know about you, but I saw T.O's house in the background, so I think the "media" pretty much comes to him.

As far as cancer is concerned, I always find it interesting when one equates the antics of a sports entertainer to the seriousness of such a tragic desease. I hope its not on that level...

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:

When T.O. gets released he will be free to peddle his wares too. He will land somewhere, you can bet on that. If your point is that he is being suspended and (supposedly) will be inactive the rest of the season, and that George wasn't; it could be because a team normally carries at least 5 WRs and only 3 QBs. One of the QBs is purely developmental or a washed up vet usually. You can more easily afford to bench a WR than you can a QB.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Jeff George's problems go back to college, his problem was that whenever the heat got too hot he would run away to start anew, only to lather rinse repeat.

Went to college at Purdue, transferred to Illinois, declared early to escape, drafted by Indianapolis, wore out his welcome, went to Atlanta (Well publicised spats), then to Oakland, then to Minnesota, Washington and now finally Chicago.

Owens behaved himself in college, only starting his issues with the 49ers and then Philly. If given time I'm sure Owens can make a run at George's mark