Recap: Talkin Cowboys 12/17

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Injury updates
Rolando McClain is the walking wounded these days. Nothing really can be done for him but treatment and go out and play. Theres not going to be a week where hes not hurting.

Free and Martin resting

Murray practicing with the mickey mouse glove in posistion drills. But not doing team drills.

Broaddus: have feeling that Free and Martin will play.

If you can suit up on friday you play.

Talking to people who are working with these players it just seems that these players just have it in their heads theyre going to play.

You want Murray in the game to run the ball but just as important for the blitz pickup

Teams seems forcused on themselves not worrying bout what other teams are doing. quoting Crawford" we dont know bout playoffs just know we have to win to make it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rolando McClain is the walking wounded these days. Nothing really can be done for him but treatment and go out and play. Theres not going to be a week where hes not hurting.

I'm concerned about making the playoffs and Ro not being available.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score

He has to keep fighting. Most players are dealing with something around this time. I know one thing though next year when we bring him back he's going to be better than this year because of the talent around him(Lee) and he will be 100%

hutch1254

Reaction score
The primary focus is taking care of your own business so you get the playoff spot. What would be great is somehow getting a 2nd seed so they could have that bye week to get some rest/treatment in. Regardless take care of your business this Sunday, worry about the other Sundays as they come.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He has to keep fighting. Most players are dealing with something around this time. I know one thing though next year when we bring him back he's going to be better than this year because of the talent around him(Lee) and he will be 100%

And he'll have a full training camp under his belt and a full year of off-season conditioning.

Staubacher

Reaction score
It's vitally important we have all hands on deck for this game. It is a de facto playoff game.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Think this is where he earns his payday or not. players have been playing all yr banged up, nobody even needs to mention Romo. If the rest suit up and doesnt says alot. As ABQ says every week in the chatroom. Get a shot and get back out there.

Reaction score
And he'll have a full training camp under his belt and a full year of off-season conditioning.

This is critical. He wasn't in game shape when he got here. And out of desperation the Cowboys had to throw him in right away. Due to injuries and not being ready to start the year, he's hit a bit of a wall. But even at that, he's still the best we have.

With 2 months of rest after the SB (see what I did there?), and off season workouts, he will be even better next year.

burmafrd

Reaction score
One has to be practical. Is the player healthy ENOUGH to justify him playing and not his backup. Is the player at 80% better then the backup at 100%?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If Free is that bad I would feel comfortable enough with Parnell next to him, but having a brand new right side is pretty scary and I am not a Bernardeau hater. It's just not good for the chemistry of the oline.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

He's been injured most of the year with a gimpy knee that will likely need some sort of cleanup in the offseason. He's like Romo...just has to rest and recover each week.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somebody on that show has to give Broaddus a laugh for that Mickey Mouse glove comment so he stops saying it and then explaining it to us every single time. We get it: big hand. Funny.

Murray's going to score a touchdown and then look at the camera and say 'Oh, Boy!'

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somebody on that show has to give Broaddus a laugh for that Mickey Mouse glove comment so he stops saying it and then explaining it to us every single time. We get it: big hand. Funny.

Murray's going to score a touchdown and then look at the camera and say 'Oh, Boy!'

Maybe after his TD to seal the game, he should give Broaddus the Mickey Finger.....:eek: