Video: Talkin' Cowboys: Concerns vs. Giants? | Dallas Cowboys 2019

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Talkin' Cowboys: Concerns vs. Giants? | Dallas Cowboys 2019

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
My only. Only concern is still d-line that everyone has been pimping. Saquon can run between when given a sliver, or bounce to the outside when we get complacent.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a huge concern, but David Moore of the DMN something interesting yesterday. The 5 members of our starting OL before Tuesday’s practice had only practiced together as a unit one time since TC started- on Aug. 3rd.

Because of that, and because the last three years show us our running game is usually slow to get going, I expect to see a sluggish running game early. I don’t think it will prevent us from beating the giants, but it may create a closer game than many expect.

If you look at Zeke’s starts to the season the last 3 years, he has averaged 3.7 yards per carry and about 65 yards a game. As the season wears on, we usually see a rapid improvement in Zeke and the OL’s performance.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
My only. Only concern is still d-line that everyone has been pimping. Saquon can run between when given a sliver, or bounce to the outside when we get complacent.

Our DE can set the edge between DLaw, Crawford, Taco, and Hyder. Woods and Covington can take up double teams at the 1. Collins is playing outstanding. Our LB corps is excellent. Brown is an outstanding tackler in the slot. The other Woods takes good angles and is a sure tackler as well.

The concerns are Heath coming up in run defense and how Hill performs backing up Collins.

When you factor in how little blocking talent NY has as well as the lack of a OBJ type to prevent us from cheating to stop Barkley I like our chances.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only concern is scoring enough points to win because they're offensively challenged and if this D is close to what most think it is, they should keep them below that 17 point home barrier. 20 should win it.

The other concern is mistakes. Mistakes even the playing field against a lesser team and keep them in the game and hanging around. Mistakes give the other team life.

Oh, one more concern, "any given Sunday".