Tampa 2 Defense

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Romo is 3-0 now against this defense, and he looks good against it. Last year we played Tampa and Indy and won, then last night.

It's funny - his most legendary games are against that defense.

Here's to seeing the Colts in the Super Bowl.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
didnt look like the bears were really playing that tampa 2 last night. they had 8 and 9 guys on the line of scrimmage for most of the game.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theebs;1666753 said:
didnt look like the bears were really playing that tampa 2 last night. they had 8 and 9 guys on the line of scrimmage for most of the game.

Exactly, they were really sending a lot of people and trying to pressure Romo rather than staying back and making him find the seams in the zones.

I know a lot of that is their new defensive coordinator, but I was still a little surprised they did that, since the "book" on Romo last year was supposedly to make him stay in the pocket and execute down the field.

Anyway, Romo is great at feeling and avoiding the rush, but I was still proud of our O-line, because they were really facing a lot of pressure right at the snap.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theebs;1666753 said:

As Madden mentioned on 1st and 2nd down the Bears do not play a lot of Tampa 2 on 3rd down is whey they tend to play the Tampa 2 cover.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
It should be Pitt 2 or Pittsburg 2 since this scheme was originated from Steelers during Chuck Noll era.

But yeah, Romo thrives in that defensive scheme. :bow: