Taylor fined for spitting on Pittman

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
A Deeper problem for Sean Taylor.
Notice how everyone on the team defends him, even though he is in the obvious wrong. To me, this speaks of a larger problem. Maybe the guy is suffering from low self esteem. My he suffers from depression. What ever the case may be, I find it odd that he is a bigger 'free lancer' than Arrington, yet Williams says, "I view him as a son". Notice Gibbs didn't comment after the game, I'm guessing it has something to with Taylor not returning Gibbs phone calls over the summer.

At any rate here is the stroy

Taylor fined for spitting on Pittman
Associated Press

1/9/2006 4:31:34 PM

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) - Washington Commanders safety Sean Taylor was fined $17,000 US Monday by the NFL for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Michael Pittman.

Taylor was ejected and penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct for spitting at Pittman in the third quarter of Saturday's playoff game. The offence was considered so egregious that Pittman wasn't penalized for slapping Taylor in the helmet in retaliation.

The amount of the fine is the playoff bonus each Commanders player received for the first-round game, which the Commanders won 17-10.

Taylor escaped suspension for his action, keeping him on the active roster for this week's game at Seattle.

''He's just a passionate player out there,'' right tackle Chris Samuels said. ''This upcoming game he'll be able to redeem himself. I don't think he'll make that mistake again.''

Taylor did not comment after the game, but he protested his innocence to teammates and assistant coach Gregg Williams.

''He said he didn't do it, so I don't think he did it,'' cornerback Shawn Springs said.

Coach Joe Gibbs said a review of the video was inconclusive.

''If that took place, we understand the penalties,'' Gibbs said. ''We understand somebody being taken out of the game.

''Sean is so valuable to us. I had a long talk with him afterward, and he understands that. He's all football. He wants to play. He's one of our leaders. He's had an outstanding year. He's very valuable to us. We can't afford to lose somebody like that.''

Taylor has been fined several times in his two-year career for a bevy of infractions, including $25,000 for skipping the league's mandatory rookie symposium. He has several in-season fines for illegal hits and uniform violations, including $5,000 for wearing striped socks that resembled a barber pole in this year's home game against Philadelphia.

He was investigated by the league last season for allegedly spitting at Cincinnati receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, but no fine was levied because there was no video evidence.

Taylor also had a drunken driving charge last season that was later dismissed. He is scheduled to go on trial next week in Miami on a felony charge of aggravated assault stemming from a June 1 confrontation near his home, although he is expected to request a postponement because of the Commanders' playoff run.

Taylor has been praised by coaches and teammates for taking a more professional approach this season. He's also solidified his role as the defence's best young player and hardest hitter. He has returned a fumble for a touchdown in two straight games.

''He's turned his life around,'' defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin said. ''He's been a more positive guy. He's been a great role model on the field.''

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
A Deeper problem for Sean Taylor.
Notice how everyone on the team defends him, even though he is in the obvious wrong. To me, this speaks of a larger problem. Maybe the guy is suffering from low self esteem. My he suffers from depression. What ever the case may be, I find it odd that he is a bigger 'free lancer' than Arrington, yet Williams says, "I view him as a son".

Williams may be a great D-coordinator but he looks like an awful dad at this point

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Dear god this Taylor garbage is like flies on roadkill.

The posts bring trolls and last time I checked Taylor was a Commander.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:

I thought I made the title descrept enough so you would avoid it. Next time I'll try to PM you to give you a heads up that I'm about to post something that you may not like. :rolleyes:

However, you are right this thread belongs in the NFL Zone. My apologies to the Mods.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Williams may be a great D-coordinator but he looks like an awful dad at this point
Williams looks like a jerk taking the word of Taylor. He even lied about his drunk driving charge. They showed the video on TV up here and the guy could barley walk, yet he said he had not been drinking.

movinonout

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:

I owe you an apology. I am sorry.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
..Oops I read wrong I thought the Title said: ''Taylor FIRED for spitting on Pittman''...

My bad...:laugh2:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
He is lucky Pittman on slapped him with his helmet on......no excuse for spitting on anyone.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he's considered one the Commanders leaders:

1) that speaks volumes.

2) ultimately, they're in trouble.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Low class no class- pretty much says it all about the foreskins.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
article said:
He was investigated by the league last season for allegedly spitting at Cincinnati receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, but no fine was levied because there was no video evidence.

Well it would seem not only did the ref see it, but it would appear that the NFL seen video evidence of it as they did not fine him last year because of lack of video evidence.

What a punk.