Twitter: TC Evening Practice Wrap-up - 08/07/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 2h
Mo Claiborne is dressed out, but he's working on the side a day after jamming his knee.
1-on-1s start with a rare drop by Jason Witten
Cowboys love Lance Dunbar's potential as receiver out of the backfield. He just got wide open vs Bruce Carter, who might be NFL's fastest LB
After I praise Lance Dunbar, he drops the next ball. ... Something else rare: Sean Lee juked so badly by Kendial Lawrence that he slips.
With Brandon Carr and Mo Claiborne out, BW Webb isn't one of the three corners in the nickel. Dez Bryant just best Brandon Underwood deep.
DE George Selvie, the camp body-turned-HOF Game star, is getting first-team reps.
Warning: Do not run an end-around at DeMarcus Ware. He just put Miles Austin in his butt 5 yards deep in backfield.
Lance Dunbar makes Ernie Sims eat grass with a move after catching a pass in the flat.
Tony Romo throws a rainbow to Jason Witten on a seam route for TD. Witten beat Justin Durant.
BW Webb, working out of the slot with the 2s, blows up a toss sweep to Phillip Tanner.
The patchwork second-team O-line can't block Ben Bass.
Miles Austin got matched up in slot vs Justin Durant. Not fair. 19 might have scored on a slant.
Gavin Escobar hangs on to the ball despite taking a big hit from CB on a deep corner route.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 2h
Terrance Williams doing some running for the first time since his concussion last Friday.
Cole Beasley still better than Coale. Quickness doesn't compare.
With Carr, Claiborne not practicing Sterling Moore And Brandon Underwood working nickel with Scandrick
DeMarcus Ware reads a reverse to Miles Austin and flattens receiver. Split second reaction
Romo deep seam to Witten for TD. QB nice job keeping S in middle of field as Witten cleared
Ryan Cook not practicing. Worked Tuesday but not today. Dennis Godfrey working as second team G
Miles Austin with impressive work off the goal line. Catches a dig then a slant to get the offense out of trouble
Best part of Austin slant was seeing Sean Lee run 50 yards chasing him
Sean Lee fired up. He's not happy with anything right now
Austin and Ware replaying their hit. Or Ware's hit I mean. They're all smiles
Sean Lee working with George Selvie on different sets

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 2h
Nick Hayden and Jason Hatcher 1-team DTs
Lance Dunbar is making it hard for Joseph Randle to get snaps with the 1-team.
jay Ratliff is still on target to return according to Stephen jones. Wouldn't rule out a return while team is in Calif.
Nate Livings hasn't suffered any setbacks in his recovery. But Stephen Jones said he's comfortable with Ronald Leary at LG.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 2h
Lance Dunbar's socks move faster than anyone else's socks on this field. Smith was running as hard as he could to stay in front of him.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 2h
What happens is, Dez goes up higher than you. #cowboys #oneonone pic.twitter.com/jLMuR6HTaq
BRGp5B6CQAIFO6s.jpg

Defense wins 7-6. Garrett was keeping score.
11 on 11. Mackenzy Bernadeau tried to get to the second level to block Sean Lee. Tried. Got there in time to see 50 go by and crash into 29.
Ware just destroyed Miles Austin's end around. Sent him rolling like a tumbleweed. His guys loved it. What a camp for this guy.
Murray around right end for a short score. Hardly touched. Frederick and Bernadeau walk to the sideline and bump fists.
Brandon McGee has worked his way up to second team nickel mike. Tried to take on a block from Costa. No match.
Frederick takes on a game from Ware. Coming right at him. Survives. Romo hits Austin deep middle for TD. Lee dropping bombs about coverage.
Second D line making plays against second O line.
Padded practice is over. Running through the Oakland sets in jerseys now. Like last week, Romo only one to keep shoulder pads on.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 2h
Ernie sims drops pick. Got shook out of jock by dunbar earlier. Lion in wild not having good day
Lee slams Murray to ground on run for second time today
Tony romo throws slant to miles austin that goes for td. Durant didn't drop deep enough
Cowboys taking off pads. Doing walk through carded practice to game plan for raiders

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 2h
Jason Witten just killed Barry Church who tried to knock ball out on long throw.
Dez begging for a flag from female official on fade. Dez now screaming at the defense. Language not acceptable for TV or newspaper.

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 2h
Dez has been having a nice day, but clearly frustrated there as Sterling Moore gets physical with him off the line forcing an incompletion
It's a chippy day at camp. They finally got to hit opponents Sunday. Maybe that carried over.
Jason Garrett not too happy. Colin Cochart gets replaced at TE after false start

Brandon George ‏@dmn_george 2h
After beating Orlando Scandrick on back-to-back passes for TDs in 1-on-1, Dez Bryant said, "I ain't even going anymore."

USA TODAY NFL team ‏@usatoday_nfl 2h
Jason Witten's kids have the best jerseys at training camp http://usat.ly/145KGR0

Rafael Vela ‏@CowboysNation1 1h
Late arrival #JayRatliff doing some late practice hand-fighting work with LG #RonaldLeary We'll have still later tonight @ #CN1

ThevTurtle

Reaction score
Loving the attitude from Dez, glad to see that even though its practice he still ramps up the intensity!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
DEZ is such a great Wr......most talented Cowboy Wr we have EVER had......you can quote me.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Michael Irvin and Lance Allworth say hello from Canton.

Totally understand that.....seen them both play......impressed, but, that is how "talented" Dez is......we have to wait on Dez to retire then 5 more years........then everyone will say it.......I am just starting early ;-)

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I've got a humongous man crush on Sean Lee. He practices with as much passion as he plays. He makes the people around him accountable.

Him and DeMarcus Ware are the absolute leaders of this defense.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Michael Irvin and Lance Allworth say hello from Canton.
I never really saw Allworth play, but from a purely physical standpoint, I think Dez has Michael beat.

BigD_95

Reaction score
I never really saw Allworth play, but from a purely physical standpoint, I think Dez has Michael beat.

I disagree. Irvin was the most physical WR in the game when he played. Made so many clutch catches in big games and from all reports he was the reason Cowboys faded after he retired. All reports was he was the leader in training camp and would always give 110%. I like Dez but he has a lot to prove before we start comparing him to Irvin. Right now they don't belong in same sentence. One has 3 Super Bowls and is in the HOF. They other had a great 2nd half of one season. Lets keep it real.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I disagree. Irvin was the most physical WR in the game when he played. Made so many clutch catches in big games and from all reports he was the reason Cowboys faded after he retired. All reports was he was the leader in training camp and would always give 110%. I like Dez but he has a lot to prove before we start comparing him to Irvin. Right now they don't belong in same sentence. One has 3 Super Bowls and is in the HOF. They other had a great 2nd half of one season. Lets keep it real.
When I said "physical" I didnt really mean pushing DBs around and that sort of thing. I just mean raw talent.

When we are talking about physical potential, Dez belongs in the same sentence as pretty much every receiver to play the game. Im not saying he is or is going to be Irvin, but Dez is faster and more athletic than Michael. Michael was stronger. Its hard to look at any WR and says, "wow, that guy is clearly a better athlete than Dez."

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Lot of interesting tidbits from this practice.

Austin looking good. Dunbar looking like a pretty good find. Coale can't hang with Cole.