Twitter: TC Practice Thread #7 - 07/24/13

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Practice starts at 12:30 CDT.

I'm sure this practice will primarily be a ST/walkthrough with the 6p practice being the pads practice. I'm not feeling well right now, so I don't plan to post everything I see on twitter re: this session. But please, folks feel free to add to the thread.

Also, you can find more tidbits on the ESPN Live Camp chat they have: espncowboysblog
Live from Dallas Cowboys training camp http://es.pn/14I3mMt

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 10m
DB coach Jerome Henderson doing a pre practice teaching session with the secondary.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Good that Johnson is back in. Probably freaked when he cramped up yesterday thinking it was something worse again

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 7m
Dante Rosario getting a lot of reps with the 1s in walk-through. Maybe it's his day to get a look in Hanna's place.
Big part of the walk-through spent on beating blitz out of five-wide. New code words 'Boston' and 'LA.' Didn't hear Irving or Arlington.
Ryan Cook is at rg with the 2s.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 3m
Working on a little no huddle in the walk thru this morning.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 1m
Apparently Tony Romo yelling "Attack! Attack! Attack!" means the Cowboys are going no-huddle. Art Briles what be proud.

ethiostar

Reaction score
I'm not feeling well right now, so I don't plan to post everything I see on twitter re: this session.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better.

Have you tried the ol' duck tape to fix whats ailing you? ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you feel better.

Have you tried the ol' duck tape to fix whats ailing you? ;)

Ha! Duct tape can fix alot of things but this... But I still should do research just in case. lol
-------------------------------

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 6m
Bill Callahan just called a reverse for Miles Austin. Can't say I've seen that very often.
Jason Garrett: "Come on, that's five years now. ... Miles get wider in your alignment. Come on now."
Tony Romo's last play call: "Black. NASCAR. Right." Never heard that one before.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 8m
Have noticed O having WRs rotating more as way to possibly limit reps and keep Bryant, Austin healthier. Romo getting looks with lots of WRs
When third team O comes in Cook moves to center and Phil Costa moves to right guard.
Miles Austin here's it from Garrett after lining up incorrectly. That's 5 years ago Garrett says to him.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 13m
Offense beats the defense with a surprise hurry-up huddle and snap. Garrett very pleased. 'Very nice!' Then either 'Hot damn' or 'GD.'

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 3m
Kyle Orton sure does check down a lot. Reminds me of Brad Johnson in his last days here.

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 3m
Jason Garrett is still engaged with the offense telling group to run plays again and he gets on players.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus 1m
Love Callahan's offensive scheme because he uses the term NASCAR for his sprint packages. #AlwaysRacing

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Practice starts at 12:30 CDT.

I'm sure this practice will primarily be a ST/walkthrough with the 6p practice being the pads practice. I'm not feeling well right now, so I don't plan to post everything I see on twitter re: this session. But please, folks feel free to add to the thread.

Also, you can find more tidbits on the ESPN Live Camp chat they have: espncowboysblog
Live from Dallas Cowboys training camp http://es.pn/14I3mMt

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 10m
DB coach Jerome Henderson doing a pre practice teaching session with the secondary.

Sorry to hear it. :( Hope you feel better soon.