Team Building: Build through the draft, and bottom barrel shop in FA?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How has this been working for us? Is it time to reverse our line of thinking, or is the way we'll continue to go going forward? Please give your thoughts on this topic

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man, my thoughts are all over the place. Trying to think of what to post in your 15,000 threads created today asking for our thoughts.
:lmao:

You always build through the draft. Bring in FA's as stop gap players type, but also go for the ones that help immediately.
If you are a few great players away, then you go for the big signings.

Dallas' issue is two fold. They never have the cap room, and they like their guys. They think their roster is already loaded with top talent. Therefore never going for the big FA's that can help the most. How many times and for how many years have we been hearing ... this team has talent ....?

You are talking about a senile FO that is too stubborn and. / or stupid to change.

John813

Reaction score
Pull up the wins over the last three years Jamie.

Ignore the postseason or whatever it's called.

Back to back to back 12 win seasons. Don't need no free agents. Why? cause they ain't free.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man, my thoughts are all over the place. Trying to think of what to post in your 15,000 threads created today asking for our thoughts.

You always build through the draft. Bring in FA's as stop gap players type, but also go for the ones that help immediately.

Dallas' issue is two fold. They never have the cap room, and they like their guys. They think their roster is already loaded with top talent. Therefore never going for the big FA's that can help the most. How many times and for how many years have we been hearing ... this team has talent ....?

You are talking about a senile FO that is too stubborn and. / or stupid to change.
End of the season Jerry says "well we didn't have the kind of season that I thought we'd have!" lol huh, did he think we were REALLY going to get a ring knowing the off season that he likes to have?? lol I don't get it

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pull up the wins over the last three years Jamie.

Ignore the postseason or whatever it's called.

Back to back to back 12 win seasons. Don't need no free agents. Why? cause they ain't free.
Winning 12 games and losing early in the playoffs is free too, it's also free to pick up remote off the couch when our players are at home with nothing to do while there's TOP teams still playing in the playoffs!!

Havic

Reaction score
If we continue to hit on low cost draft picks I see no reason why we can’t spend in fa also.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

:hammer: