Team Leaders

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
A question to those in attendance. With the loss of glover, Campbell, Nguyen, Keyshaun, etc., we have lost a lot of our locker room guys. Did you all notice who our new leaders are?

A DC.com article said that Williams, Newman, and someone else, James, I think, we emerging. Williams and Newman have been growing well into that role, as we have noted. Is there anyone else you all noticed who are taking command over this team?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Crown Royal said:
A question to those in attendance. With the loss of glover, Campbell, Nguyen, Keyshaun, etc., we have lost a lot of our locker room guys. Did you all notice who our new leaders are?

A DC.com article said that Williams, Newman, and someone else, James, I think, we emerging. Williams and Newman have been growing well into that role, as we have noted. Is there anyone else you all noticed who are taking command over this team?

What I don't like is...there was a report saying that Ellis was not doing his usual "leader" routine! I guess he's pouting!

Do the Cowboys need a "Team Ambassasor" to have a little talk with him...?

:star:

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
5Stars said:
What I don't like is...there was a report saying that Ellis was not doing his usual "leader" routine! I guess he's pouting!

Blanket party?

I don't know - I wish if he intends to pout he would do so after and before practice and at least maintain his fire during the practice. Ellis is a good player, and pouting isn't his forte. Whatever his feelings are, not being his regular self isn't good for him or the team.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Crown Royal said:
Blanket party?

That works, too!

But, yeah, you're right...his attitude is not good for this team!! :mad:

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
5Stars said:

I think we should stay away from the "Team Ambassador" concept. TO would probably wind up kickin his butt.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
austintodallas said:
I think we should stay away from the "Team Ambassador" concept. TO would probably wind up kickin his butt.

Good point!

:laugh2:

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
Blanket party?

I don't know - I wish if he intends to pout he would do so after and before practice and at least maintain his fire during the practice. Ellis is a good player, and pouting isn't his forte. Whatever his feelings are, not being his regular self isn't good for him or the team.

Come on CR, he ain't pouting. Wouldn't you feel a little jaded if you were in his position? He's a good 4-3 pass rushing end, but not the type of can make it as a linebacker in a 3-4.

What's funny about Ellis is I was always someone who would dog his selection and tell anyone that Randy Moss was the better pick, but now that he's having these problems, I'm the first one to have his back. LOL It's a business, it's a short game and Greg doesn't have many years left. He could grab a lot more playing time on another team playing the 4-3 and feel like he was contributing to the team.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Come on CR, he ain't pouting. Wouldn't you feel a little jaded if you were in his position? He's a good 4-3 pass rushing end, but not the type of can make it as a linebacker in a 3-4.

What's funny about Ellis is I was always someone who would dog his selection and tell anyone that Randy Moss was the better pick, but now that he's having these problems, I'm the first one to have his back. LOL It's a business, it's a short game and Greg doesn't have many years left. He could grab a lot more playing time on another team playing the 4-3 and feel like he was
contributing to the team.

Before my fantastic thread gets hijacked, let's back off the Greg Ellis thing. He is pouting - I didn't say it as an indictment on his position, I just said that I wish it wouldn't carry to his play and attitude during practice. I've said my piece on Ellis long ago, when it all started, and have stayed out of it ever since.

The point that relates to this thread is that when Woodson left, Ellis sort of took more of a leader role. With the loss of Campbell, Nguyen, and Glover, we need that attitude more than ever.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Coach Parcells on this matter:

"I don't expect anybody. That develops as you go. We've got some young players that are starting to take leadership roles. We've lost guys that I rely on for that, but somebody's gotta do it. The players figure that out."

Who are the young guys?
Newman, James, Williams, and some other guy."

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Alexander said:
Coach Parcells on this matter:

"I don't expect anybody. That develops as you go. We've got some young players that are starting to take leadership roles. We've lost guys that I rely on for that, but somebody's gotta do it. The players figure that out."

Who are the young guys?
Newman, James, Williams, and some other guy."

I hope that "some other guy" is not Rowdy! They need to control him somehow! He almost ran over some kids on his rollerblades! :eek:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
5Stars said:
I hope that "some other guy" is not Rowdy! They need to control him somehow! He almost ran over some kids on his rollerblades! :eek:

That "other guy" could easily be Terrell Owens.

MONT17

Reaction score
if u make plays u r a leader if u dont then u are not!!!

Ellis is a leader but u can lead sittin the bench, period! he is fish out of water right now... I feel for the guy!!! but this is the NFL not MLB!!!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
MONT17 said:
if u make plays u r a leader if u dont then u are not!!!

Ellis is a leader but u can lead sittin the bench, period! he is fish out of water right now... I feel for the guy!!! but this is the NFL not MLB!!!

That isn't nearly true.

Dan Campbell is far from a play maker, but he is a fantastic leader.

Larry Allen is a great playmaker, but never took on a real leadership role.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Alexander said:
That "other guy" could easily be Terrell Owens.

Maybe? I read about him taking the young receivers out to dinner, so he could teach them about nutrition...

I'm just worried about Bledsoe's fragile ego! Will Bledsoe get jealous of T.O. taking all his glory? :eek: I hope Bledsoe can adjust to T.O.'s wanting to win!

I mean, T.O. did destroy other QB's, right?

I hope everything works out....!
:cool:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Crown Royal said:
That isn't nearly true.

Dan Campbell is far from a play maker, but he is a fantastic leader.

Larry Allen is a great playmaker, but never took on a real leadership role.

Well, that shut up MONT17!

:lmao:

sago1

Reaction score
I also see Witten emerging as a leader-- particularly on the offensive side.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
sago1 said:
I also see Witten emerging as a leader-- particularly on the offensive side.

I hope so - we need some fire on that side of the ball. (Not the dangerous kind, hint hint.)