Team meets with ex-Pats cornerback Law

k19

Reaction score
Team meets with ex-Pats cornerback Law

BY JASON COLE, jcole@herald.com

The Dolphins met with Ty Law on Wednesday with an interest in signing the former New England Pro Bowl cornerback to replace departed Patrick Surtain in the aftermath of Will Poole's injury.

Agent Kevin Poston confirmed that Law visited the Dolphins but was unaware if the team had made an offer. Law also is represented by Poston's brother, Carl, who is handling contract talks for Law. Carl Poston did not return messages left for him Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Law still is unable to move laterally after undergoing surgery this offseason to fix a broken foot. Law can run straight ahead but is approximately another month from being able to do the moves required of a cornerback.

Kevin Poston said the injury wouldn't have an impact on their negotiating strategy.

"We're still talking about a Pro Bowl cornerback, one of the premier players at his position who has played at a high level for a long time and has played well in important situations, the playoffs, the Super Bowl," Poston said. "He is who he is."

Law, 32, has received interest from other teams such as Kansas City, Indianapolis, Detroit and the New York Jets. But most of those teams have been taking a wait-and-see approach to see when he'll be healthy.

Law has a home in South Florida, but Kevin Poston said he didn't think that would impact Law's decision.

"South Florida is a wonderful place to live, and that's why he's there, but he's going to consider not just the place, but the coaching, the team and the opportunity to win," Poston said.

More reasons I love the Postons :rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
k19 said:
More reasons I love the Postons :rolleyes:

Ty Law will be sitting the season out if he thinks he's getting Shutdown corner money after the injury.

k19

Reaction score
Wow this IS scaring me. First CC and I agree on things now you and I Nors?

Wow I guess all kinds of add things happen on Friday the 13th.

Oh and Nors I've found your favorite internet site :D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
k19 said:
Wow this IS scaring me. First CC and I agree on things now you and I Nors?

Wow I guess all kinds of add things happen on Friday the 13th.

Oh and Nors I've found your favorite internet site :D

and that is?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Is the Monk Outfit he wears NFL sanctioned? In light of San Fran issue?