'Teams Are Scared Of Me!' KaVontae Turpin Explains Limited Role

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

'Teams Are Scared Of Me!' Dallas Cowboys' KaVontae Turpin Explains Limited Role​

Dallas Cowboys returner KaVontae Turpin attributes his lack of opportunities to teams intentionally not kicking to him.

JONATHAN ALFANO

Special teams doesn't get the same kind of attention that offense or defense do, but make no mistake, the third phase of football is still immensely important.

That's to the benefit of the Dallas Cowboys, who boast an exceptional weapon in the return game. KaVontae Turpin, who is now in his second season with the Cowboys after dominating the USFL, boasts breakaway speed and is always a threat to take a kick back.

“Teams are still scared of me, so I don’t think I’ll get any more chances, to be real with you,” Turpin said this week.

“It’s frustrating because I don’t get too many chances in the return game,” Turpin admitted. “So when I do get a chance, I don’t want to see any flags, especially when I take it all the way.

“At the same time, I tell my guys to go out there and block as hard as they can. But that just comes with football. We’re going to get another chance sooner or later.”

Great story: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...teams-scared-kick-returns-philadelphia-eagles

kavontae-turpin-33.jpg

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Glad the coaches aren't scared anymore to use him in the game, could be used more though!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Teams may respect his speed and elusive ability, but scared? A little much for now. Go out and earn that.

Oh wait, this is Dallas.

You’re right Turpin, you’ve done basically nothing in the league, but you’re a star.

He has been taught well. Who doesn’t understand that theres a real culture problem in Dallas?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Hopefully he gets a few more snaps in the offense but I tell you what, I'm afraid of him when he's bringing kickoffs out of the end zone 9 yards deep. Hoping he gets a big return but he has to be smart about bringing those kickoffs out of the end zone.

817Gill

Reaction score
Teams may respect his speed and elusive ability, but scared? A little much for now. Go out and earn that.

Oh wait, this is Dallas.

You’re right Turpin, you’ve done basically nothing in the league, but you’re a star.

He has been taught well. Who doesn’t understand that theres a real culture problem in Dallas?
lol scared to kick to him not scared of him in general. He was literally a starting pro bowl returner it’s not hard to see why the special teams scouting report would say “don’t kick to 9”.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Oh wait, this is Dallas.

Belichick called him the best returner in the league.

If he’s good with the title then I think maybe you should be as well.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bench Gallup and turn into a T. Hill type of receiver. Constantly in motion.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Belichick called him the best returner in the league.

If he’s good with the title then I think maybe you should be as well.
Way ahead of himself. Typical Dallas Cowboy. That ain’t good.

Needs a little more of a performance before he declares the rest of the league “scared” of him.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the guy, but sometimes be careful what you wish for everybody loved pollard before he got too many carries.

offlimits

Reaction score

'Teams Are Scared Of Me!' Dallas Cowboys' KaVontae Turpin Explains Limited Role​

Dallas Cowboys returner KaVontae Turpin attributes his lack of opportunities to teams intentionally not kicking to him.

JONATHAN ALFANO

Special teams doesn't get the same kind of attention that offense or defense do, but make no mistake, the third phase of football is still immensely important.

That's to the benefit of the Dallas Cowboys, who boast an exceptional weapon in the return game. KaVontae Turpin, who is now in his second season with the Cowboys after dominating the USFL, boasts breakaway speed and is always a threat to take a kick back.

“Teams are still scared of me, so I don’t think I’ll get any more chances, to be real with you,” Turpin said this week.

“It’s frustrating because I don’t get too many chances in the return game,” Turpin admitted. “So when I do get a chance, I don’t want to see any flags, especially when I take it all the way.

“At the same time, I tell my guys to go out there and block as hard as they can. But that just comes with football. We’re going to get another chance sooner or later.”

Great story: https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...teams-scared-kick-returns-philadelphia-eagles

kavontae-turpin-33.jpg
He has sensational speed. When he gets to the corner, the afterburners kick on. I would have 2-3 designed plays for him every week.