Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2573864 said:
Weightlifting
Sports Nutrition
Golf
Fishing
Cooking good food to feed my muscles

I assumed you were going to say chasing kids around the garden and scaring them with orange peel teeth. :laugh1:

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2573864 said:
Weightlifting
Sports Nutrition
Golf
Fishing
Cooking good food to feed my muscles

:rolleyes:

So does doing curls w/ toddlers work your biceps or triceps more?

Don Corleone;2499603 said:
n659649815_1349109_6335.jpg

:p:

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Playing Guitar( been playing a very short time although I have had a guitar for 10 years....., it's really wierd, I find it very easy and I am learning at a quick pace).

collecting guitars(nothing special, I just see one I like and I buy it....if my wife lets me, ;) , I have 7, 4 acoustic, 1 electric, 2 classical )

golfing(I golf about 3 times a week with a couple of my uncles and a friend, we have a trophy and everything, it's highly competetive, It's really a battle of who sucks the least, :D )

gambling(my family is involved in the sport of kings, horse racing, I've been around it all my life.)

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
ethiostar;2572741 said:
camping and hiking
Woodworking
photography
drawing
disc-golf
soccer
playing guitar
reading

Very fun, I was suprised at how fun it is. I think we're talking about the same sport, frizbee golf is what my friends call it.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2574546 said:
:rolleyes:

So does doing curls w/ toddlers work your biceps or triceps more?

:p:

Shoulders actually. I took up weightlifting about 9 months ago. That picture is actually about 6 months old now. I'm not trying to bulk up too much. I just want some definition.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Recently I began weight lifting again and doing what I can to get into the best shape possible (Eating better, working out, all that jazz) for sports. I play in the recreational flag football league and I wouldn't mind playing in the basketball league our gym has as well. Possibly softball.

So right now working out, and getting into shape, is my main focus of a hobby, of sorts, but I have a few other things I like to do or am planning to do.

Like to do:

Reading
Writing (though I don't write books or anything, just some random writing)
Movies
Video Games (Not nearly as much as I used to though)

Things I'm Getting Into

Learning to play guitar (I've had one for about 3 or 4 years now and have hardly ever touched it but my goal is to learn this year. I want to know how to play at least 8 songs, completely, by years end.)

More Bible Study and Church Activities (I'm trying to get myself more involved with my Church)

On top of all those things I'm going to be looking into enrolling in college again, next Fall, and getting another degree. I have an Associates Degree in Applied Science (For my Computer Aided Drafting job) but I'm going to go back and get my Physical Education degree so I can coach junior high/high school football and teach.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Trucking. Used to be a business, now it's a hobby:mad:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My interests are very cyclical. I usually don't do more than one at a time and I do them for about six months at a time. (except one of them)

• FPS gaming (shoot'em up types, no MMORPGs)
  • Chess & Chess study
  • Playing guitar

The FPS games usually don't last more than a month or two before I get burnout and give them away. Actually, Call of Duty: World At War just came out not long ago, and I hardly play it anymore. CoD4 was better and I played it a lot longer.

Chess is a game you can never master and I love learning it, but the studying of Chess is intense and you can burn out which is why I study for about six months and then take six month breaks.

I've been playing guitar since about 1987 or so and played for 10 years. Around 1998 I had no time play anymore with school and work so I sold my guitar and amp to a friend. About 1 or 2 ago I wanted my hobbie back so I bought a cheap guitar and amp. I've been playing quite a bit so for Christmas my wife bought be a much better guitar and amp. :)

slotshot

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of us list weightlifting and getting in shape as a popular hobby. I'll tell ya', Judo and Jiu Jitsu are INSANE cardio and upperbody workouts. Anyone who wrestled in high school can attest I bet.

ethiostar

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2575211 said:
Very fun, I was suprised at how fun it is. I think we're talking about the same sport, frizbee golf is what my friends call it.

Yeah, it's the same game. I love playing it, it's a fun game. I started playing fifteen or so years ago. When i have the time and access to a course close by i try to play it as much as i can. But that's not always possible.

Have you played it much?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ethiostar;2578049 said:
Yeah, it's the same game. I love playing it, it's a fun game. I started playing fifteen or so years ago. When i have the time and access to a course close by i try to play it as much as i can. But that's not always possible.

Have you played it much?

I played it back around 1995 with a friend who had several sets of disks. He moved though and I haven't played since. I had no disks of my own and nobody I knew played or wanted to play because they thought it was stupid and I just didn't feel like running around out there in 102 degree weather by myself! It was a hell of a lot of fun when I did play though.

ethiostar

Reaction score
nyc;2578109 said:
I played it back around 1995 with a friend who had several sets of disks. He moved though and I haven't played since. I had no disks of my own and nobody I knew played or wanted to play because they thought it was stupid and I just didn't feel like running around out there in 102 degree weather by myself! It was a hell of a lot of fun when I did play though.

Disks have gotten expensive but you can pick up used ones for about $5 at the store. You can get away with only getting a putter and one versatile driver.

I personally liked playing a round by myself every now and then. But usually, if people see you there by yourself, they will ask if you want to tag along with their group. Most people out there are pretty cool and friendly.

But i agree playing in TX in the late summer is brutal unless you're out there very very early in the morning. When i was still in TX, my buddy and I had a rule that in July we only play one round and in August we don't play at all unless we can make it out to the course around 7-8am.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ethiostar;2578271 said:
Disks have gotten expensive but you can pick up used ones for about $5 at the store. You can get away with only getting a putter and one versatile driver.

I personally liked playing a round by myself every now and then. But usually, if people see you there by yourself, they will ask if you want to tag along with their group. Most people out there are pretty cool and friendly.

But i agree playing in TX in the late summer is brutal unless you're out there very very early in the morning. When i was still in TX, my buddy and I had a rule that in July we only play one round and in August we don't play at all unless we can make it out to the course around 7-8am.

it doesn't hurt to have a 30-pack sitting nearby :)

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
ethiostar;2578049 said:

Have you played it much?

Took a few days to get back to you.

I was introduced to the game about 2 years ago, had never heard of it before. I didn't even know we had a full course at a popular well maintained park.

I've played it about 5 or so times, but it is a blast, and really is a good source of exercise because there are no " Frizbee Golf Carts", lol.

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
Is Maker's Mark a hobby or an addiction? I forget.:D

Seriously, I'm really into reinventing myself. It consumes most of my free time and spare cash. Check it out

Tomorrow (1/21/09) will be a huge part of that transformation. Tummy tuck, total body lift, and manboob removal. Yes, I'll post pics (before and after). My goal is to be able to run a 5K without keeling over. Triathlon? Maybe. Marathon? IDK.