Posted on Mon, Jan. 31, 2005_krdDartInc++;document.write('');
spacer.gif

Owens is walking without a limp

spacer.gif

[size=-1]By Shannon Ryan[/size]
spacer.gif

[size=-1]Inquirer Staff Writer[/size]
spacer.gif

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Terrell Owens has been walking without a limp and with a swagger recently.

That's good news for the Eagles, who hope the wide receiver will be well enough to return from a leg injury in time to play in Sunday's Super Bowl against the AFC champion New England Patriots.

Coach Andy Reid yesterday still was not revealing how close Owens is to playing. Reid said there are "a few things" he wants to try with Owens at today's practice.

He also said there is "not time for deciding" this week. Reid confirmed that last week Owens ran on the treadmill and made cuts on the field. "He felt pretty good doing that," Reid said.

Win or otherwise, you tell that the they brought down the thunder ...tell them the Eagles are coming ... and we're bringing hell with us ... (partial quote taken from the movie Tombstone).:D

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
I predict he'll be on the back of a cart before halftime. The Patriots are going to hit him on every play. So easy to reinjure an ankle that isn't fully healed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Good to here that, Now I will not have to hear the excuses when Philly loses this game.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Good to here that, Now I will not have to hear the excuses when Philly loses this game.
No, you'll still have to. They just won't be using this one.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
you must not be too big of a fan if you are as surprised by this news as indicated in this thread.

this isn't a surprise by any means.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
T.O. isn't gonna sit on the sidelines when there's a chance he could steal the hype from BOTH teams.

I wonder how many Eagle teammates are getting a little frustrated about being asked about TO all...day...long.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Running in a straight line and making a wussy cut is ALOT different than doing it at game speed.

IF he plays, minimal impact.

dcjules

Reaction score
Not surprised if he plays at all, TO missing this moment, not going to happen. But c'mon, unless he visited Lourdes, how can he have an impact. He risks severely injuring his ankle/leg, but at 31, you take the risk I guess. I would find it hard to believe he has an impact in this game, before the injury yes, not now!!!

Oh yeah, Eagles are bringing hell alright. I feel sorry for Jax, all those a-wipes from Philly coming down for the game. Not to be disrespectful to all Eagle fans, but your reputation is well deserved. Enjoy your time in the sun, drink and party all week, have your fights at all the bars/clubs and sing your stupid song (Fly Eagles Fly). Come 11pm next Sunday, your no different then the other 30 teams, your not a champion!!!! Go Pats!!

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
Frankly, I hope if TO plays he permanently injures his leg and the NFL and it's fans can FINALLY be done with this sorry excuse for a athlete. TO does have talent but his lack of sportsmanship and common courtesy degrades the classiness that NFL strives for.

Is anyone else sick of hearing about TO besides me? I've never seen such brown nosing before a SB about one player EVER! He isn't going to make an impact folks, plain and simple! If he does play, don't you think New England is going to chop block/leg tackle/attack his bad leg? He is truly a fool if he does step onto the field because he will be carted off of it soon afterwards. :iggles: :iggles: :iggles:

Go Pats!!!

dewey

Reaction score
Is anyone else sick of hearing about TO besides me?
YES!!! At this point, who cares if he plays (besides Philly fans). My best guess is he will play to guarantee he receives the bonus' that were part of his contract. He wants the ring, no doubt, but it's all about the $$$. IMO.:iggles:

Skip

Reaction score
I don't want T.O. sitting on the sidelines not playing when he can be up disturbing everyone on his team when thing don't go well for him. And like someone else said I don't want to hear any excuses coming from them.

Now I will puke if the Pats don't kick the living poo out of them. I am looking forward to some great hitting in this game and I just want the receiving of that great hitting to be on the likes of T.O. and Freddie the dreamer.

I don't want to see one single smile on the Eagals after this game.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I am not sick of hearing about Me-O. But definitely sick of hearing about him every stinking day, in regards to whether or not he will play.

Almost as annoying as the whole Baltimore trade fiasco that happened.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Sitting Bull said:
I predict he'll be on the back of a cart before halftime. The Patriots are going to hit him on every play. So easy to reinjure an ankle that isn't fully healed.
Perhaps, but not before scoring a couple of TDs!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
No, you'll still have to. They just won't be using this one.
Before I make this comment, I'd like to recognize that the direction this post is taking probably makes it better siuted in the "smack zone."
The only excuse we'll be making when we step up to accept the Lombardi trophy is ...why we haven't received more Lombardi trophies sooner.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
you must not be too big of a fan if you are as surprised by this news as indicated in this thread. this isn't a surprise by any means.
Never said I was surprised, Only laying out an article that I thought was relevant to the upcoming Superbowl. My comments ..."Win or otherwise, you tell them that they brought down the thunder ...tell them the Eagles are coming ... ";)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Skip, I don't normal indulge in tit-for-tat comeback post, so please forgive me -- I couldn't resist having some harmless fun in your case. Don't hate Eagle fans more because of me -- ok? ...Lol:)

Skip: I don't want T.O. sitting on the sidelines not playing when he can be up disturbing everyone on his team when thing don't go well for im.

stop whinning ...

Skip: And like someone else said I don't want to hear any excuses coming from them.
listening to hear-say and more whinning ...

Skip: I will puke if the Pats don't kick the living poo out of them
Now you stop that use of strong strong language right now! here's $1.79 go out and get yourself a small bottle of some Pepto Bismol ...

Skip: I am looking forward to some great hitting in this game and I just want the receiving of that great hitting to be on the likes of T.O. and Freddie the dreamer.

Bah, ha, ha, ha you've gotta stop it, you're cracking up my ribs ...bah, ha, ha...:D

Skip I don't want to see one single smile on the Eagals after this game

before the game :) ... after the game :D

Skip, I mentioned earlier that this post should probably be in the Smack Zone! You've now made it clear to me by your comments that we should open up a new zone ...the "Comedy Zone!" Bah ha ha ha!

Thanks Skip!