Twitter: Terrence Williams has concussion, expect him to miss HOF game

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@nickeatman Terrance williams appears to have a concussion... 2 games will be played in a week.. Might miss them both

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 26m
Team checking on Terrance Williams he is scheduled to undergo the concussion test.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 43m
I wouldn't look for Romo, Dez, Miles, Murray, Witten on Sunday. Ware or Lee either.

Mickey Spagnola ‏@Spags52 25s
Next man down...WR Terrance Williams, fell awkardly and banged head hard on the ground...most likely not playing Sunday night.

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr 4m
Rookie receiver Terrance Williams leaves practice after landing hard, hitting back of his head http://******/1b26Qtr

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez 1h
Terrance Williams leaving the field. Back of his head hit hard when he got pushed down in a coverage drill.

Last edited:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Honestly, i wouldn't play any key players. Starters maybe a series or two.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Of course he does

It's about that time when our rookie class starts getting whiped out.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Of course he does

It's about that time when our rookie class starts getting whiped out.

Be thankful we're deep at WR and this happened early. T Will is a guy we know is going to make the team anyway, so we have more reps to evaluate guys like Rogers and Benfield now.. when he's not crashing into fences, anyway.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He should be able to practice with it after a couple days of rest... just not play. As long as he's not in a situation where he can get hit, he should be able to go.

Nice to have 5 preseason games this year and a long preseason.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
This is exactly the type of game he should have been seeing a lot of reps in so that's a shame.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be thankful we're deep at WR and this happened early. T Will is a guy we know is going to make the team anyway, so we have more reps to evaluate guys like Rogers and Benfield now.

While this is true, we still need TWill to be ready in case he needs to step into a #3WR role starting position. He needs reps.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
While this is true, we still need TWill to be ready in case he needs to step into a #3WR role starting position. He needs reps.

Im not sure i would consider the #3 receiver a starter, but we do have Harris and Beasley as well, who both seem more than capable. I mean, im not glad he got injured obviously, just trying to point out that its not too big a deal at this time.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I doubt there will be much of an aerial show from Dallas anyway given that most of the OL will be scrubs,,, of course that didn't stop us last year, so who knows? :cool:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't consider Williams a key player who has a guaranteed spot in the rotation. This is where he needs to show the coaches what he can do. For all we know, he may be behind in the speed of the NFL game.

So, he misses one, maybe two games. The following three are important for him IMO. Rookies need all the work they can get, can only accomplish so much in practice.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to seeing Williams play tomorrow night.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im not sure i would consider the #3 receiver a starter, but we do have Harris and Beasley as well, who both seem more than capable. I mean, im not glad he got injured obviously, just trying to point out that its not too big a deal at this time.

We would like to see him play but no it's not a big deal because he's virtual lock to make the roster. It gives us a chance to see a couple of the undrafted prospects get a shot... Guys who aren't expected to make the roster but could with a good preseason under their belts.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Dang. With the main guys out, he was the on player I cared about watching in the HOF game. Better to play it safe though.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How did he get a concussion in a non-tackle practice?