Terry Glenn had the best year of his career last year... What?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It's funny... Terry Glenn was exploding when our offense was allowed to pass efficiently...

And even with the implosion of our passing game last year, Terry Glenn still had career high numbers in almost all stat categories, and clearly had the best year of his nfl career. 31 year old Terry Glenn, 10 years pro...

1136 yards receiving (2nd highest total, 1147 was his career high)
18.3 Yards per catch (career high, next nearest was the year before 16.7)
62 receptions (4th highest total)
7 touchdowns (career high, 6 tds in his rookie year and 6 touchdowns in 2000).

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Before the year is up, Glenn moves to the #3 slot position, Crayton overtakes the #2 starting spot alongside TO. You are hearing it hear first.

Power game, that's what we're going to start playing this year once the running game gets into groove. Lots of short 2nd and 3rd Downs. Lots of short passes to Jason and TO. Lots of big plays broke from those short passes from TO. Terry as a decoy, need, slowly eliminated. Replaced by the better suited Crayton who will beable to step right in and enormously add to our short to midrange "need" passing game.

Terry's sole purpose, where we will "need" him, is going to turn into a 1-3x per game deep threat, then the rest of the game he's just going to sit out there as a decoy--maybe an end-a-round here 'n there.

I truly believe he was paid the money this year just to keep quiet, by this time next year he will be gone. No justification in paying that type of money to a #3 guy. If Crayton was getting any type of significent money, Glenn never would have got his and would've been somewhere out there looking for a job with his buddy Keyshawn.

But kudos to him for the numbers he managed to put up last year all while having disappeared for quite a few games towards the end of the season. Well I guess that was the time Keyshawn and Jason started failing to draw the double coverage off Terry. Atleast if TO disappears on us this year we'll know where he is, over on the sideline pouting, not somewhere within a 100 yard radious of the 50yd line wearing his invisible cloak ring. He's like a magical little fairy jumping around out there.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Zippy Speedster said:
Before the year is up, Glenn moves to the #3 slot position, Crayton overtakes the #2 starting spot alongside TO. You are hearing it hear first.

Power game, that's what we're going to start playing this year once the running game gets into groove. Lots of short 2nd and 3rd Downs. Lots of short passes to Jason and TO. Lots of big plays broke from those short passes from TO. Terry as a decoy, need, slowly eliminated. Replaced by the better suited Crayton who will beable to step right in and enormously add to our short to midrange "need" passing game.

Terry's sole purpose, where we will "need" him, is going to turn into a 1-3x per game deep threat, then the rest of the game he's just going to sit out there as a decoy--maybe an end-a-round here 'n there.

I truly believe he was paid the money this year just to keep quiet, by this time next year he will be gone. No justification in paying that type of money to a #3 guy. If Crayton was getting any type of significent money, Glenn never would have got his and would've been somewhere out there looking for a job with his buddy Keyshawn.

But kudos to him for the numbers he managed to put up last year all while having disappeared for quite a few games towards the end of the season. Well I guess that was the time Keyshawn and Jason started failing to draw the double coverage off Terry. Atleast if TO disappears on us this year we'll know where he is, over on the sideline pouting, not somewhere within a 100 yard radious of the 50yd line wearing his invisible cloak ring. He's like a magical little fairy jumping around out there.

You are truly underestimating the connection bewtween Drew Bledsoe and TG.

Bledsoe looks at TG first and even with TO on the team, I will be shocked to see TG numbers fall dramatically and Crayton to take over.

Bledsoe has a comfort level with TG that no FA WR is going to come in and automatically replace and definately one that Crayton cannot replace.

TO is going to be a decoy more times than you think ,taking up double coverage and Glenn is going to be getting a lot of balls thrown his way.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TG is the kind of player who benefits from Drew's style. Drew stands in there and takes sacks because he is always looking downfield - that's how Terry ended up with 7 40+ yard catches.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
In no way is Terry Glenn overrated! He deserves the contract he recieved. Good move for the Cowboys.

ravidubey

Reaction score
The only problems with Terry Glenn were supposedly off the field which is why he could be had for a song. But he proved those detractors to be wrong and deserves a market deal, dumpster or no.

DipChit

Reaction score
Well I just wish he could be more consistent from game to game sometimes. Didnt he have like a 5 game stretch last year with no 3rd down catches that converted to a 1st down for example? Not that it would be *all* on him. Or maybe I'm dreaming that up anyways. ;)

But having TO around should help him out a lot. Keyshawn didnt scare anybody other than using his body on those 10-15 yard routes. Well teams aint scared of that to the point of needing to committ the extra man to it. They could double TG at will and Key was never going to truly make them pay for it.

Little diff story with TO.

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
DipChit said:
Well I just wish he could be more consistent from game to game sometimes. Didnt he have like a 5 game stretch last year with no 3rd down catches that converted to a 1st down for example? Not that it would be *all* on him. Or maybe I'm dreaming that up anyways. ;)

But having TO around should help him out a lot. Keyshawn didnt scare anybody other than using his body on those 10-15 yard routes. Well teams aint scared of that to the point of needing to committ the extra man to it. They could double TG at will and Key was never going to truly make them pay for it.

Little diff story with TO.

Glenn should have an even better season with TO on the other side. I like Keyshawn, but in all reality, he couldn't open things up for TG like TO will.

Reaction score
Zippy Speedster said:

I'm starting to wonder about your football IQ, if you think Crayton will overtake a guy like Terry Glenn then you're sadly mistaken.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
TG will really benefit from having TO on the othe side. Teams do not worry about doubling Crayton or Key and therefore doubled TG. Also, throw in the fact we were short on the OL which took Witten out of the passing game. Now we have 2 legit threats at WR and hopefully the OL pulls it together so that Witten can get involved with the passing came.

My only concern with Glenn is his history of injuries

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
It's funny... Terry Glenn was exploding when our offense was allowed to pass efficiently...

And even with the implosion of our passing game last year, Terry Glenn still had career high numbers in almost all stat categories, and clearly had the best year of his nfl career. 31 year old Terry Glenn, 10 years pro...

1136 yards receiving (2nd highest total, 1147 was his career high)
18.3 Yards per catch (career high, next nearest was the year before 16.7)
62 receptions (4th highest total)
7 touchdowns (career high, 6 tds in his rookie year and 6 touchdowns in 2000).

He was reunited with Bledsoe so what did you expect? They hooked up for good numbers back in New England as well.

People keep overlooking how good Bledsoe truly is....He makes average players like T Glenn and Eric Moulds look like superstars! He's done it his entire career....Why do you think moulds wants to jump on the dallas bandwagon?:bow:

neosapien23

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
He was reunited with Bledsoe so what did you expect? They hooked up for good numbers back in New England as well.

People keep overlooking how good Bledsoe truly is....He makes average players like T Glenn and Eric Moulds look like superstars! He's done it his entire career....Why do you think moulds wants to jump on the dallas bandwagon?:bow:

I thought he wanted to go to Philly and play for McNabb?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
to me, crayton's "game" more closely resembles TO's than Glenn's. good hands, over the middle, oblivious to "traffic". a possession receiver. crayton just lack the prototypical possession receiver's height.

no problem here. a baller just balls. i like crayton. today's "wing man" is tomorrows "ace".

crayton is best-suited as a flanker - not a split-end.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I saw in another article, can't remember who it was, talking about Terry this year. He said that Terry will get fewer catch's with TO onboard, but his yards per catch will go up.

I think that is a win win senerio. Terry will take less punishment and get his spots to make big plays !

Its a great formula.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I think giving Glenn an extension this year was dumb...he had 2 years left on his exisiting contract and he hasn't exactly been know to finish a full 16 game schedule...(2-3 times I am thinking)...if it had to be done it could have been done next year...but we might have found something better next year in FA but won't be able to take the player because of this stupid new contract... It just doewn't make much sense...However having said that...it would seem Glenn may be poised for a good season...