Terry Glenn may be the best receiver on this team...

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
...even with TO playing.

Yeah I know, quite a statement given TO's obvious talent but Glenn just produces. Not even counting the spectacular catch he had last night for the TD, Glenn just seems to play very fast, almost uncoverable at times. Its scary to wonder what kind of numbers he could post this season with TO drawing some attention away from him.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
keep things in prespective.....Glenn was awesome last night, but that is routine for TO.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CaptainMorgan said:
...even with TO playing.

Yeah I know, quite a statement given TO's obvious talent but Glenn just produces. Not even counting the spectacular catch he had last night for the TD, Glenn just seems to play very fast, almost uncoverable at times. Its scary to wonder what kind of numbers he could post this season with TO drawing some attention away from him.

I think both will benefit from each others. Teams can't afford to go man on man with Glenn but by the same token TO is not a guy you want on the island by yourself either if you’re a CB. I think Dallas passing game is going to give some DC fits. We just need to get the running game going

aikemirv

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
keep things in prespective.....Glenn was awesome last night, but that is routine for TO.

T.O. does not have near the hands that Glenn has, period.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:

Glenn was awesome at times last season, with a less established cast of players around him. I really think he'll put up better numbers than TO this season.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think TG can have a probowl/allpro season playing opposite Owens, but Owens is by far the best receiver on this team. TG would tell you that.

conner01

Reaction score
t.o. is more physical and can beat you even if you have him covered. glenn has great hands, good speed and will beat you deep everytime if you single cover him.different types of player but both pretty good

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Maxmadden said:
Or the hands Crayton has for that matter. Or Witten......

Witten did drop what should have been the first TD last night though.

phillycard

Reaction score
He's certainly no slouch. I think the chemistry between him and Drew is something you can't go out and purchase. Owens will have a ways to go before he gets on that level.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Nav22 said:
T.O. > Glenn

Period.

True, but if I had my choice of 2 of TG or TG and T.O. I would take 2 of TG every day of the week.

No baggage to check!!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Terry Glenn has been a big time receiver for a long time. He has had his problems with personality conflicts and such but his skills have always been top notch. I'm not going to say he is better than Owens but he is not nearly as far behind him as many here want to believe. If/when Owens gets his butt off the bicycle and onto the playing field we will be fielding two of the top receivers in the league.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
CaptainMorgan said:
...even with TO playing.

A little early in the day to be drinking so much of your namesake:D

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Drew Bledsoe and Terry Glenn played that game like a regular season game. I really hope BP puts the whole QB thing to rest at his next PC . I want our starters getting their timing down but let's not waste our best ammo in games that don't count. I kinda liked it last year when we played preseason like a dish of vanilla ice cream and then dropped the hammer week 1.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Owens will get so much respect...dont rule out Glenn having a better season statistically and as Joe Theisman (a former QB) kept stating, Bledsoe sees Glenn as his security blanket because he is use to him...Owens and Bledsoe dont have that same kind of relationship right now.

I personally think Patrick Crayton has the best hands on the team...not the best receiver but the best hands.

But...few in the entire NFL bring to the table what Terrell Owens brings to the table. I cant stand the guy, but I would take Owens over Glenn any day of the week.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I think both will benefit from each others. Teams can't afford to go man on man with Glenn but by the same token TO is not a guy you want on the island by yourself either if you’re a CB. I think Dallas passing game is going to give some DC fits. We just need to get the running game going
Well put.

If we can get the running game going, our offense could be scary.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Owens will get so much respect...dont rule out Glenn having a better season statistically and as Joe Theisman (a former QB) kept stating, Bledsoe sees Glenn as his security blanket because he is use to him...Owens and Bledsoe dont have that same kind of relationship right now.

I personally think Patrick Crayton has the best hands on the team...not the best receiver but the best hands.

But...few in the entire NFL bring to the table what Terrell Owens brings to the table. I cant stand the guy, but I would take Owens over Glenn any day of the week.

Bledsoe and Glenn do have a special relationship. There's no doubt in my mind TG wanted to make sure DB had a good game last night- there's a loyalty there that goes both ways. TO is going to have to earn that trust. IMO it's a bit of a problem because TO has missed so much time. If you remember, Bledsoe had trouble getting in sync last year with KJ and early on wasn't throwing the ball to him much. I wonder if that led to KJ's business like at best relationship with Drew. Owens wants the ball even more than KJ. But that doesn't mean he's going to get it until he shows the QB he can count on him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Well put.

If we can get the running game going, our offense could be scary.

I think we will once BP settles on a true starting unit on the OL. He has been plugging in different guys and moving people around. I think once he determines the starting line (which I expect we will see next week) and they get some work together I think the line will perform much better than we have seen.