Twitter: Terry McAuley will referee Cowboys-Bucs game

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The fix is in. Sorry Zeke, any run over 8 yards will draw a holding penalty. All returns, KO or PR will get flagged for holding or block in the back. Any INT by the Cowboys will be reversed.
If I'm Jason Garrett, fines from 10k plus are going up for any FOOL ON SPECIAL TEAMS, that either holds or blocks in the back. I'm sick of it.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
It's kinda scary, Miley, they're due :(
Yeah, but they aren't going to slow down out offense. We are going to come out firing on all cylinders. I can't wait. I'm going to the game and tailgating like I always do. Ha.

erod

Reaction score
The flags, they'll be a-flyin'.

McAulay cracks me up a bit. Nobody loves to call a penalty against the home crowd and enjoys it as much as him and Jeff Triplette.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as the game is called the same for both teams, then I'm cool with it.

Not me. It balances out with the over officiating works both ways, but it makes the games suck to watch. I don't even want to see an opponent's big plays taken away by questionable calls away from the action. Especially not at the end of the year when the playoffs are in the balance for most everybody.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy:

Jason+Garrett+Terry+McAulay+Denver+Broncos+pijznRW1OL8l.jpg

Terry+McAulay+Super+Bowl+XLVIII+Seattle+Seahawks+6lv4nYsdvy3l.jpg

6889962.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not me. It balances out with the over officiating works both ways, but it makes the games suck to watch. I don't even want to see an opponent's big plays taken away by questionable calls away from the action. Especially not at the end of the year when the playoffs are in the balance for most everybody.
But it sucks to see one team being screwed by the refs too. I don't want to see the Cowboys not have to really compete to win because the refs are calling everything against the Bucs unevenly. That, IMO is unwatchable. That win is like getting a participation trophy. It's a hollow victory.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But it sucks to see one team being screwed by the refs too. I don't want to see the Cowboys not have to really compete to win because the refs are calling everything against the Bucs unevenly. That, IMO is unwatchable. That win is like getting a participation trophy. It's a hollow victory.

Definitely agree it sucks worse when the over-refereeing is one-sided.

Great matchups--like the PHI-DAL game from early in the season--shouldn't be awful to watch just because the refs can't get out of their own way. The MIN game was like that, too, as far as I was concerned. It gets to the point where I disconnect from the outcome because it's so frustrating watching referees muck everything up.