Texans offer use of Reliant to the saints

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Spontae said:
Hey folks. Some know me here a little better than others, as I do not post as often as I would like. Prior to Sunday, I lived in New Orleans since 1994. When I evacuated with my wife, two great danes and cat on Sunday morning, we all hoped we could return in a day or two after the hurricane passed, as had happened many times before. Sadly, after the utter and complete devastation caused by Katrina, there is nothing to which we can return. Our home in Arabi was completely destroyed and is under 8 feet of water, along with the rest of St. Bernard Parish, which is located immediately southeast of the French Quarter and lower 9th ward. The media has not shown much of this devastation because they cannot get in to St. Bernard, but some who are stranded with cell phones have called out and relayed the dismal conditions. This is all to say that New Orleans, as I knew it and anyone else who visited and lived there knew it, may NEVER recover. The reason I say this is that the surrounding suburbs of St. Bernard, Jefferson, Metairie, Kenner and Gretna supported that city with workers and wages and taxes. The homes of the citizens of most of those outlying suburbs are gone or flooded out to such a degree that recovery or rebuilding may simply prove unfeasible (and I am trying to be optimistic). If this proves true, the New Orleans greater metro area will be a shadow of its former self, unable to sustain normal business, let alone the Saints, the Hornets, the Zephyrs, etc. I pray this will not happen but cannot ignore what I see and know. God help us.
Nothing like someone in the middle of this nightmare to bring it into focus. Good luck amigo. Folks are praying for you.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
That is harsh taking coin from an eight year old who said nothing different from what any eight year old would say.

Anyway, seems to me that the offer was an empty one since you can't play two games on one day in the same stadium.

That's exactly what I was thinking....Boy am I glad I have the Dad I have!

And by the way I have told my Dad many times that he's the Best Dad any child could ever want....If you feel the same way, don't forget to tell him and your Mom Too! :D

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Man, I have a feeling things are a lot worse in Nawlins than is visible. Sad what happened there. Very sad.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Spontae said:
Hey folks. Some know me here a little better than others, as I do not post as often as I would like. Prior to Sunday, I lived in New Orleans since 1994. When I evacuated with my wife, two great danes and cat on Sunday morning, we all hoped we could return in a day or two after the hurricane passed, as had happened many times before. Sadly, after the utter and complete devastation caused by Katrina, there is nothing to which we can return. Our home in Arabi was completely destroyed and is under 8 feet of water, along with the rest of St. Bernard Parish, which is located immediately southeast of the French Quarter and lower 9th ward. The media has not shown much of this devastation because they cannot get in to St. Bernard, but some who are stranded with cell phones have called out and relayed the dismal conditions. This is all to say that New Orleans, as I knew it and anyone else who visited and lived there knew it, may NEVER recover. The reason I say this is that the surrounding suburbs of St. Bernard, Jefferson, Metairie, Kenner and Gretna supported that city with workers and wages and taxes. The homes of the citizens of most of those outlying suburbs are gone or flooded out to such a degree that recovery or rebuilding may simply prove unfeasible (and I am trying to be optimistic). If this proves true, the New Orleans greater metro area will be a shadow of its former self, unable to sustain normal business, let alone the Saints, the Hornets, the Zephyrs, etc. I pray this will not happen but cannot ignore what I see and know. God help us.

God bless, man. You are in a lot of people prayers, including mine.

felix360

Reaction score
My prayers our with the families of LA and Miss.

I heard this from JT the brick on FSR, basically he was saying that the NFL should help out the saints and the city Orleans by building them a new stadium, they do host super bowls like twice every 8 yrs. the nfl has made a lot of money when they held the super bowls there. was does it hurt, they are a multi-billion dollar company, they could be like 10 stadiums and pick up the tab. what does one stadium hurt, as it is the city will have to pay for all the damage to the city, they wont be able to build a new stadium. the superdome has gone to the dogs.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score

Wow man, your in my familys prayers for sure along with the others from that area.

Good to see you made it out ok. Where are you at now?

If I was still livin in Tyler my doors would be open to you and your family, but unfortunately I live in CO now, blech.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
That is harsh taking coin from an eight year old who said nothing different from what any eight year old would say.

Anyway, seems to me that the offer was an empty one since you can't play two games on one day in the same stadium.

Perhaps a little harsh, but what I see here is a caring parent trying to teach his kid a lesson about compassion for others who face tragedy...

I'm sure the poor kid faced a pretty stern lecture, too...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Spontae said:

You have just put a personal face on this tragedy for the members of this board... I join the others in wishing you well...

TLW47

Reaction score
I've cried buckets over what has happened and I've never sat foot in New Orleans. You just realize that life is precious and you can lose everything in the twinkle of an eye. Godspeed to all that were citizens there and I pray that New Orleans rises even better than before. I've never seen a city so wasted.