Texans | Team exchanges contract proposals with M. Williams and R. Bush

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:53:48 -0700

Updating a previous report, Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Houston Texans have exchanged contract proposals with North Carolina State DL Mario Williams' agent, according to multiple league sources.

Texans | Team exchanging contract proposals with Bush's agent
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:56:29 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Houston Texans and USC RB Reggie Bush's agent have exchanged contract proposals for the first time, Friday, April 21. The two sides spent part of the day in talks aimed at reaching an agreement before the start of the NFL Draft.

--------------
Still a smokescreen??? hmmm...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I agree, its nothing more than trying to get leverage with Bush. They are playing the 4-3 next year. Babin will move to DE. Travis Johnson and Seth Payne inside?

Robaire at DE?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be nice if a deal were completed before the draft starts. I'm for anything to get to #18 faster.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
TLW47 said:
Babin's a Casserly bust. :laugh2:

He didn't make the translation from DE to 3-4 OLB very well, agreed.

But he will line back up at DE. I wouldn't necessarily scratch him out yet.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If it weren't for the fact that the Saints were the team below Houston, Reggie Bush's people would call their bluff.

Who wants to go to New Orleans? :(

I think it's the Houston Texans who are eventually going to get screwed. Bush is the consensus first pick. Why try to play him? Just give that man the money. The Texans will more than make up for it in ticket sales.

Fans are going to go to Reliant Stadium just to see Bush play. They're not going to go just to see Mario Williams play.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
If it weren't for the fact that the Saints were the team below Houston, Reggie Bush's people would call their bluff.

I think it's the Houston Texans who are eventually going to get screwed. Bush is the consensus first pick. Why try to play him? Just give that man the money. The Texans will more than make up for it in ticket sales.

Fans are going to go to Reliant Stadium just to see Bush play. They're not going to go just to see Mario Williams play.

Fans will pay to see a winning team. If the Texans believe Mario Williams can help them win more than Bush can (which might not be a stretch, their defense was baaaaaad....and they do have Dominick Davis), then it could be smart.

Not saying I necessarily agree. But I can see where they could be thinking that way. Furthermore, its hard to want to pay a Running Back, Quarterback-type money.

Every year, the team with the #1 pick postures in negotiations with players. This is nothing new.

DBoys

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:

Yeah but they already have a good runner in Davis. He had 1300 yards last year with one of the worst OL's in the NFL. Texans have so many holes to fill and think of the additional picks they can get if they trade out.

TLW47

Reaction score
He seems awfully scrawny and little to be a productive DE. Got to watch some Texans games last year unforunately and he was not good. Out of position alot of the time and hurt the rest of the time. Casserly blew this pick big time.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
It would be nice if a deal were completed before the draft starts. I'm for anything to get to #18 faster.

lol Houston would still use up the whole 15 minutes

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
If I was Bush........I would be smiling at them......and not agree to nothing!