Texas A&M Question

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I live in North Carolina and my daughter who has been all NC State for the last 5-6 years for vet school now wants to go to A&M. She is now FFA and really becoming interested in the A&M program for large animals. So How is the area that A&M vet program is located? Has anyone done the Vet program or worked with their large animal programs? I'm not a fan of going 15 hours away for school but she will be her own person and make her own way.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I live in North Carolina and my daughter who has been all NC State for the last 5-6 years for vet school now wants to go to A&M. She is now FFA and really becoming interested in the A&M program for large animals. So How is the area that A&M vet program is located? Has anyone done the Vet program or worked with their large animal programs? I'm not a fan of going 15 hours away for school but she will be her own person and make her own way.
My youngest is still in high school but is thinking of taking a similar trek.

NC State's program is outstanding, so I'm surprised she would want to leave there unless it's just to get variety.
Texas AM is also outstanding. Certainly also one of the very best large animal Vet schools in the country.

If she thinks it's hot in Raleigh, wait until she gets to the college station...lol Winters are good though
But the campus is good and safe.
The school itself is much larger though.... twice the size of NC State. It would be like going to Ohio State.

Has she considered Auburn or Purdue? Cornell's program is great too.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score

NC State's program is outstanding, so I'm surprised she would want to leave there unless it's just to get variety.
Texas AM is also outstanding. Certainly also one of the very best large animal Vet schools in the country.

If she thinks it's hot in Raleigh, wait until she gets to the college station...lol Winters are good though
The school itself is much larger though.... twice the size of NC State. It would be like going to Ohio State.

My daughter is 14 LOL. She is a planner like her mother. We have toured NC State and she loved it. The last month or so in the FFA she has learned a lot about the A&M program and has mentioned it several times for school. I think she will be locked into NC State for undergrad because she is in an early college program already for State of NC course credits. But she is just like mom who told her parents she was going to be a Lawyer at 4 but should have went to Med school because she was a math genius. Ours said I'm gonna be a vet at 3 and nothing has changed except where she wants to go and the track she wants to be on. We as parents try to do everything so we bought a small farm and move to it in October. So far we have a Donkey.

Bigdog

Reaction score

Cornell is great school but the winters can be brutal

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
That they can!
I chose Grad School at UNC over Cornell and another far northern school in part for that very reason.

Chapel hill is nice. I live north of Charlotte at Lake Norman. Winter is nothing down here and watching everyone freak out because of snow is hilarious.