Texas Air National Guardsman is a hero to Houston woman

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marie Decker found herself trapped inside her vehicle after it crashed on Beltway 8 and flipped on its side earlier this month at the toll plaza at Wayside Drive.

Her guardian angels appeared out of nowhere and pulled her from the wreckage. Moments later, the vehicle burst into flames.

Last week, Decker finally got a chance to meet and personally thank one of the men who rescued her from the wreckage – Staff Sgt. Mitchell Corbin of the Texas Air National Guard.

“I don’t think I could ever stop thanking you,” Decker told Corbin in an interview on Houston’s KTRK-TV. “You have no idea what you’ve done for me. You’ve given me a second chance with my family and my life and I will be forever grateful.”

The two shared a tearful embrace.

Decker was traveling on the Beltway on June 1 when she lost control and the vehicle crashed as it passed through the toll plaza at Wayside Drive about 11 a.m.

Read the accident details: http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/06/texas-air-national-guardsman-is-a-hero-to-houston-woman/

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice to see/hear/read a good story from time to time instead of some horrible act.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;4597601 said:
Nice to see/hear/read a good story from time to time instead of some horrible act.
I thought so, too. We always post tragic stuff, so I thought it would be nice to post a feel-good story.

I'm glad everyone survived the accident and she only has a few minor injuries to recover from.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4597621 said:
I thought so, too. We always post tragic stuff, so I thought it would be nice to post a feel-good story.

I'm glad everyone survived the accident and she only has a few minor injuries to recover from.

Gives us hope and reminds us there are more good people out there than bad ones.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4597632 said:
Gives us hope and reminds us there are more good people out there than bad ones.

In North Carolina, in 1974, and just out of college, my buddy and I came up on a wreck where the car had rolled and a woman was sort of pinned under it.

Luckily she was in a small ditch, so the car that was on her was not actually crushing her, but she was pinned.

Another car stopped, so my buddy and I lifted the back of the car as that driver pulled her out from under the car.

People at the site were saying we did something great, .. we looked at each other like, "we didn't do anything."

After the emergency car came and left we walked back over to the car and couldn't lift it.