Texas Stadium, Tell us you Old Memories...

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
so when did you first go and the scernario.

Mine was in the late 70's (yeah, I'm old"er"), when we played the Commanders and were down by 14 going into the 4th quarter with a few minutes left. The upper suites were not there yet, so the cold air was blowing on to us between the roof and seats. we won like 31-28

may have been Danny white, but Jack Daniels made me very LOUD....

:star: :star:

your story about the Mecca??

kmp77

Reaction score
I've only been there in person twice. Once to see my high school team lose and in 2004 to see the Cowboys clinch a playoff spot. Witten scored his first TD in that game. My other favorite memories were watching the Cowboys in the early 90s win in the playoffs at home. Hopefully that can happen again soon.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Late eighties. Pre-season game with the Bears. Randy White pulled the helmet of an offensive player off and then proceeded to beat him in the head with it.

He was kicked out, but the scrum was a beautiful thing.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
My first visit to Texas Stadium came in August 1976 for a pre-season game against the Broncos. I'll never forget sitting in the corner of the end zone on the Cowboys sideline directly above the player's entrance. I can still see the view in my mind. It was like I was living a dream.

My family and I came out to Dallas that summer to visit friends. A day or so before the game our friends took us out to the airport to see the Cowboys arrive back home from California.The interesting thing about that game was it was right after Staubach and Longley had their fight in training camp when Longley sucker punched Staubach. I can still see Staubach walking past me in the concourse with a swollen eye and a bandage. Our friends spoke to Coach Landry and introduced him to me. I will never forget how gracious he was to take the time and speak to me and sign an autograph.

Great memories!