CFZ Thank you Cooper Rush for 4-2 but time to bring Dak back

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are very fortunate for the job Rush did while Prescott was out. He over achieved in his absence winning 4 games which was probably at least double what most had hoped after week 1.

We were worried that Prescott being out 6-8 weeks might mean the season was over but Rush up until last night performed admirably doing exactly what we needed playing error free making some timely throws while letting our running game and defense carry the load. We thank you. Well done . And it’s deserving of a longer and better contract as he’s solidified a secure backup role.

Hopefully Prescott is ready to return as we witnessed last night why we need our franchise QB regardless of whatever weaknesses he presents. We need the ability to put up more production in our passing game and score more points when up against the better offenses in the league. And the ability to potentially overcome turnovers which place us in holes that the defense , special teams and running alone can’t overcome.

The good news is even after dropping a tough divisional game last night which technically drops us 3 games behind in the NFC East we are still in position as 6th seed thanks to the efforts in this 5 game stretch.

We will need help to overcome the division now but the playoffs are still in our control. And if this offense can get back on track even close to last years production it should compliment the strides this defense has made and force it has become carrying us this far. And we could still be a force to reckon with in January if we can remain healthy .

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are in great position with very winnable games upcoming with 1-4 Detroit and 2-4 Chicago to be at 6-2 at the bye which places us in excellent position for the playoffs .

After the bye we have a much more difficult stretch beginning with road games at Green Bay and North Division leader Minnesota.

These next two games at home are very important we hold court and take care of business in order to remain in strong position for the playoffs . Hopefully Prescott has recovered and ready to return.

Qcard

Reaction score
Then soon as Dak does bad you'll want coop back
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Keep dreaming....

Dak Haters don't respect NFL

Cooper had 6 trainings camps, 6 QB schools, 6 OTAs, 6 Mini camps and 6 seasons as backup but couldn't throw a simple C level out route...

Back up talent, Back up work ethic ....Dak Hater's speciliaty:lmao2:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Keep dreaming....

Cooper had 6 trainings camps, 6 QB schools, 6 OTAs, 6 Mini camps and 6 seasons as backup but couldn't throw a simple C level out route...

Hell Dak has 6 years, multiple talented WRS and running backs, solid offensive line, and STILL hasn't gotten us a 2nd playoff win! Damn and he's got 40 million so why should he be so great!!!!???

FTWayne

Reaction score
The play of the team for the rest of the season should spotlight if we need a quarterback upgrade. Which I don't see how we can do that.

4-1 from a backup was a great job

Thanks Cooper

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Regarding thread title, shouldn't it be thanks cooper for 4-1?

Looks as if you're assigning the week 1 disaster to Rush. That was a Dak special.
No, not my intention . Rather I’m thanking him for helping us arrive at 4-2.

He inherited 0-1 and made the most of it as Cowboys went 4-1 arriving at 4-2 for the team. Well done !!

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
Regarding thread title, shouldn't it be thanks cooper for 4-1?

Looks as if you're assigning the week 1 disaster to Rush. That was a Dak special.

He knows it…..he wants to erase Daks performance in game 1.

However, like I’ve said after almost every win this year, “ The next Cowboys Qb to hoist a Lombardi isnt on the team yet”……….this isn’t the 85 Bears defense quite yet

shabazz

Reaction score
No, not my intention . Rather I’m thanking him for helping us arrive at 4-2.

He inherited 0-1 and made the most of it as Cowboys went 4-1 arriving at 4-2 for the team. Well done !!

Prove it. Change the title

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He knows it…..he wants to erase Daks performance in game 1.

However, like I’ve said after almost every win this year, “ The next Cowboys Qb to hoist a Lombardi isnt on the team yet”……….this isn’t the 85 Bears defense quite yet
No but it could be the 2007 or 2011 Giants defense. Maybe even the 2002 Bucs defense.

The closer it is to any of those provides us a greater opportunity to carry this type of QB. 49ers last year are also a good example . Reaching a championship game is still the first priority of reaching the next level .

terra

Reaction score
Keep dreaming....

and dak fan boys like yourself better hope he plays a lot better then he did lately.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Should Rush be called back into action, I do think the team has confidence in him to do the job. I was listening to a reporter who said "QB controversy are never determined by fans they are determined by the locker room and this locker room is fully behind Dak."
Rush has helped this team stay afloat and has gained respect from his teammates.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and dak fan boys like yourself better hope he plays a lot better then he did lately.
I would think all Cowboy fans would hope he’d play closer to last year with the leagues top offense and a lot better than Game 1 which was horrible .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Should Rush be called back into action, I do think the team has confidence in him to do the job. I was listening to a reporter who said "QB controversy are never determined by fans they are determined by the locker room and this locker room is fully behind Dak."
Rush has helped this team stay afloat and has gained respect from his teammates.
Right

My concern moving forward is will the Cowboys make signing Rush to an extended contract a priority as it’s very doubtful he’ll clear waivers again. He’ll actually be a Free Agent in March. Time to lock him up. We finally have a backup we can win some games with.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Right

My concern moving forward is will the Cowboys make signing Rush to an extended contract a priority as it’s very doubtful he’ll clear waivers again. He’ll actually be a Free Agent in March. Time to lock him up. We finally have a backup we can win some games with.

I would hope so, no doubt Rush has helped his market value. I do expect he will want something in the neighborhood 4 to 5 mill a year.