Thank You

MTCowboys88

cowboys3128
Reaction score
I just wanted to extend my heartfelt thanks to all of you who responded to Scott’s tribute thread. I’ve been reminded over this past week how we Cowboys fans truly are family. The kind words, the poems, the pictures – they all were very special. I’ve been a Cowboy fan for 38 years (since I was 5), and I’ve never been more proud to be a part of this special group of people.

Scott and I went to games when we could, and anytime he was stateside, we would get together and watch the games. The stories you read in the tribute were just a couple of the great memories and experiences we shared together. I thought the wedding story was my favorite memory - here we are at the reception dinner, and Scott absolutely needs to know at that moment if we have a shot at homefield on Monday night!

He truly loved the Cowboys, and I know he would have been both humbled and honored by the outpouring of support. His wife Daphne has read the thread and saw the tribute picture at the top of the board. In her words, she said “Wow, that is incredible!” So know that all of you touched Daphne’s heart as well. She may post her words of thanks later on.

After the funeral service Friday, the Processional traveled through the streets in Stillwater to the gravesite. Here is a picture of one of the streets:
20080614_Soldier0614p2.jpg

The line of people stretched for close to 5 miles – the entire way to the gravesite. It was one of the most moving experiences I’ve ever been a part of.

I would like to especially thank Hostile for everything he did with the tribute as well as being a pillar of support for me. We exchanged dozens of PM’s, and I can’t thank him enough. You see the true character of people in times like these, and I can tell you that Hos's heart is as big as the state he lives in.

Someone in the thread mentioned Scott and Coach Landry discussing the Cowboys. I’ll add that I bet he’s got Mark Tuinei, Harvey Martin, and Bob Hayes sitting with him as well, and they’re debating who’s going to make this year’s 53 man roster.

Rest in peace and thank you for your service to our country, my friend. I’ll always have a spot reserved for you next to me to watch every Cowboys game.

Please continue to keep Daphne,Jonathan,Samuel, and their family in your thoughts and prayers.

Darin
Cowboys3128

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The photo was touching and a very good one.
I wish that, nationwide, we had a photo of every military burial connected to ongoing hostilities.
We don't see them enough to remind us how many sacrifice their lives for us.

RIP Scottie. We hardly knew ye, and that is too bad for us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I was honored that you let me know. Anything I did or had a part in pales in comparison to what he gave all of us.

calico

Reaction score
What a moving photo. I will continue to keep scott's family and friends in my prayers. Thank you scott for what you did for us.

This forum once again reminds me of the greatness of the human heart.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
calico;2120023 said:
What a moving photo. I will continue to keep scott's family and friends in my prayers. Thank you scott for what you did for us.

Very well said. My thoughts also.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are welcome, Darin, but the real thanks goes to Major Hagerty. And thanks to you for informing the Zone.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
Darin, thank you for the touching photo, and letting everyone know what a great person Maj. Scott Hagerty was.

calico;2120023 said:

Very well put.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
As a fellow American, we appreciate all he did for his country--God Bless.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
cowboys3128;2120005 said:

Look at the glow in his smile and his eyes(photo upper right of forum) and then look at the vehicle headlights and grill. Its amazing what you can see sometimes. ;)

RIP - Thanks.

MTCowboys88

cowboys3128
Reaction score
Here's a letter that was in today's local paper from a Patriot Rider who helped lead the Procession:
http://www.stillwater-newspress.com/letters/local_story_169083515.html?keyword=topstory

Published: June 17, 2008 08:35 am

Stillwater should be proud

I was one of the Patriot Guard riders who came to honor the sacrifice of the Hagerty family on Friday. I’ve never been more proud of a community than I was of Stillwater.

Your citizens’ display of caring and concern for the mourners was breathtaking. Never, never in my wildest imagination, did I expect to see a town show such love and support for a soldier’s family. I remarked to one of the other riders that there probably was not another flag to be bought within miles and miles of Stillwater. As the funeral procession began to make it’s way through your town I had to learn to pilot my bike with tears streaming from my eyes.

On the Oklahoma Patriot Guard discussion board one of the riders stated that Stillwater has set a new mark for which the remainder of the nation is to be compared in honoring fallen soldiers. I certainly agree with that assessment. I suspect Stillwater’s record, if this were a competition, would be long-standing.

Congratulations on being a wonderful, caring community.

Joe Chandler

Patriot Guard rider

Owasso

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
calico;2120023 said:

I second that. Well put Calico. :america:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
calico;2120023 said:

Couldn't agree more.