The 6 year drought, boy I'm glad it's over

landryscorner

Reaction score
It's amazing what a great quarterback can do for a franchise, find a good one, get a good team around him and you have a recipe for a dynasty...of course other fans (other than our boys' fans) will scoff at my remark, but in Dallas we can afford the luxury to talk this way, this could very well be the starting of a new Cowboys Dynasty.

Sitting at the dinner table I saw the Sporting News on the Local channel of Tony's contract and all I can say is, I'm glad its over. More than half of the teams in the NFL this year are having QB issues, whether it be injuries, off the field reasons(Atlanta), or QB controversies, We in Dallas can rest assure

that for the next 6 years our QB Situation is rock solid. This 6 year drought which ended pretty much last year when Romo went to the pro bowl has been the longest search, to stabilize a critical position on our team.

My opinion is that our search for the quick fix quarterback and win now mentality was obviously the wrong way to approach drafts and free agency after Aikman's exit. (thats just my opinion, if you disagree thats fine flame on if you want im used to it in this forum)

Between Staubach, White, and AIkman-the longest instability we ever had between qb's was no more than 2-3 years, but aikman left.....well u know, anyways I'm happy for Romo and our Cowboys for finding that stability we've been looking for in a very critical position, Good luck to our Boys in the next 3 week stretch, I will be at the GB game rooting for our team

Go Cowboys!!!

sago1

Reaction score
Never ceases to amaze me how close a track the Giants & Skin boards on Cowboy comings and goings. Except for a very few on the Giant board and even on the ES board, most posters who admittedly hate the Cowboys really think Romo is the real deal and will be a problem for them for years to come.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
jrumann59;1735907 said:
Over at ES they seemed stun no clever retorts just wondering how we have so much cap space :laugh2:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219285&page=1&pp=15

It's cause we don't blow all our money on players like Archuleta, TJ Duckett and Brandon Lloyd. That's how we have cap space.

Don't get me wrong though, the one ball for 9 yards that Lloyd has caught this season is definitely worth the $30 million they're paying him, but I think my argument still stands firm for the other two guys I mentioned.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Not to rain on your parade, but to me, no matter how well our season goes, winning the division or as a wild card, the drought is still on until we actually win a playoff game.

We could go 12-4 or 14-2, and I'll be happy, but that first playoff game will have my stomach in knots because the regular season success means nothing if we go out in our first game again.

Go Cowboys.