The agents for Ashley Lelie are gauging trade interest in him around the league

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
The agents for Ashley Lelie are gauging trade interest in him around the league.

He enters a contract year in 2006 and the Broncos are rumored to be shopping the deep threat. Lelie has skipped offseason workouts and says he wants to be a No. 1 receiver. Good luck. Green Bay, New England, and San Francisco are mentioned as potential suitors.

Apr. 19 - 1:57 pm et
Source: Denver Post

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I'm really disappointed in how Lelie has developed. The guy was a really dominant receiver at UH. It seems he hasn't gotten any stronger than he was in college, and his speed is deminished because of the NFL caliber players. With Rod Smith as your example, I tought he would be much better than he is at this point in his career.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
That said, I'd give a 3rd or 4th for him to be our 3rd receiver.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
That said, I'd give a 3rd or 4th for him to be our 3rd receiver.

I'd give up a 4th. Nothing better. And we don't have a 4th so...

No thanks.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
I'm really disappointed in how Lelie has developed. The guy was a really dominant receiver at UH. It seems he hasn't gotten any stronger than he was in college, and his speed is deminished because of the NFL caliber players. With Rod Smith as your example, I tought he would be much better than he is at this point in his career.

Being an amateur talent scount, it seems like receivers are always hard to guess on. Feels like every NFL receiver was a man among boys in college. ;)

jrumann59

Reaction score
A wr coming out of college froma Run N Shoot offense, would throw you for a loop. I always saw lelie as a R. Moss without the attitude and less talent. Lelie sure does run the go route pretty good.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Yes we do............

In 07......:cool:

Which is the same as giving up a 5th this year. I'd do that, but I think another team would give up a 4th this year.

So that leads me back to...

We don't have a 4th so no thanks.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I think everyone is neglecting the fact that the guy wants to be a #1 receiver. Not gonna happen in these parts.

SS

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
skinsscalper said:
I think everyone is neglecting the fact that the guy wants to be a #1 receiver. Not gonna happen in these parts.

SS

:hammer:

He wants a chance to be THE GUY.

TEK2000

Reaction score
I'm not sure he'd come to Dallas.

After being put out of the game when he TRIED to block Roy... why would he want to see that same punishment in practice everyday. :)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
skinsscalper said:

SS
And he hasn't proven he can handle being a 2rd or 3rd wr

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
I always saw lelie as a R. Moss without the attitude and less talent.

"Randy Moss without the attitude and less talent" could actually describe every other WR in the league...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
skinsscalper said:

SS

I think what everyone is really neglecting the fact that this guy isnt any good

David

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I think what everyone is really neglecting the fact that this guy isnt any good

David
he is not BAD, but he definately is incosistant and wants to be the #1 WR, which is something he wouldnt come close to on this roster. i like the guy as he is big, has speed, can jump and would prove to be a solid deep threat, but hes about as inconsistant as Brandon Lloyd. id say a second day pick for him, at most.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Antonio Bryant is a better receiver. They both came into the league the same year. Bryant actually has the skill set to be a #1 guy, but is severely lacking in maturity. He couldn't fit in Dallas. Leilie is just a one route guy and if he and his agents are already seeking trade options maybe his maturity is a question as well.