The alarming part of the loss yesterday isn’t the ineptitude at the end of the game, but rather;

XXLMike

Reaction score
The drive, the Eagles went on right after halftime.

The drive, where they shoved it down our throats.

Up 17-14 I felt pretty damn good.

And all of a sudden bam - we got manhandled across-the-board Dan Quinn got spanked he got embarrassed. It was Tom Brady all over again. It was that bad it was that deflating.

That drive is a microcosm in the gap between the Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys

When Jimmy Johnson was here, he used to call those drives championship drives.

Ram It down their throats and bury them - we were like that one day. Trust me if you didn’t see it we were we had a killer instinct. We had a desire to be the best not just to be in the game / in contention.

It used to exist in Dallas. It has not since JJ left a quarter century ago.

Let me refresh you on the drive;

“The offense opened the second half at their 40-yard line and drove 60 yards on 6 plays, scoring on a perfect 29-yard pass to the left side to wide receiver DeVonta Smith, who had a step on cornerback DaRon Bland. Hurts dropped the ball in perfectly and Smith made an over-the-shoulder catch and got both feet inbounds, including some sweet toe drag, and the Eagles had a lead at 21-17”.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The Cowboys excel at being inept when competence is what is needed. You see it across the team. Even their so called "star" players fail. It's the mentality of knowing that regardless of the outcome there will be no reprecussions.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'm glad you didn't bad mouth our superstar QB. He was the star of the game with his astonishing 6 point 2nd half. They were on fire.....

/sarcasm

XXLMike

Reaction score
I'm glad you didn't bad mouth our superstar QB. He was the star of the game with his astonishing 6 point 2nd half. They were on fire.....

/sarcasm

He was actually spectacular up to that point not being sarcastic at all and for the most part, he did play a great game he just didn’t come up big when he counted most .

acr731

Reaction score
The Cowboys excel at being inept when competence is what is needed. You see it across the team. Even their so called "star" players fail. It's the mentality of knowing that regardless of the outcome there will be no reprecussions.
Dak promised.... AGAIN..... that he and the team will get better. A little positivity never hurts. Geez.

/sarcasm

acr731

Reaction score
He was actually spectacular up to that point not being sarcastic at all and for the most part, he did play a great game he just didn’t come up big when he counted most .
Like the entire 2nd half?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The defense is good but not great. They continually fall short against good teams. Expect a great performance this week against the Giants.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The drive, the Eagles went on right after halftime.

The drive, where they shoved it down our throats.

Up 17-14 I felt pretty damn good.

And all of a sudden bam - we got manhandled across-the-board Dan Quinn got spanked he got embarrassed. It was Tom Brady all over again. It was that bad it was that deflating.

That drive is a microcosm in the gap between the Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys

When Jimmy Johnson was here, he used to call those drives championship drives.

Ram It down their throats and bury them - we were like that one day. Trust me if you didn’t see it we were we had a killer instinct. We had a desire to be the best not just to be in the game / in contention.

It used to exist in Dallas. It has not since JJ left a quarter century ago.

Let me refresh you on the drive;

“The offense opened the second half at their 40-yard line and drove 60 yards on 6 plays, scoring on a perfect 29-yard pass to the left side to wide receiver DeVonta Smith, who had a step on cornerback DaRon Bland. Hurts dropped the ball in perfectly and Smith made an over-the-shoulder catch and got both feet inbounds, including some sweet toe drag, and the Eagles had a lead at 21-17”.
Both our opening drives to start the game and the half were 3 and outs. That and the two kick off penalties really put us in a bad position.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Both our opening drives to start the game and the half were 3 and outs. That and the two kick off penalties really put us in a bad position.
1000% how deflating was our opening drive of the game? We came out like it was a preseason game. Shambolic stuff from McCarthy.

GINeric

Reaction score

/sarcasm

yep because he caused a truck load of penalties, missed blocks that got himself sacked, and dropped those open passes too.

Oh wait....

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Disagree with the OP. They're a championship level team. I'm sure they wanted to stop them the same way they wanted to stop us. We missed three fumble recovery opportunities and the D stood tall when it mattered most down the stretch.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
It's on McCarthy. PERIOD! those final 90 seconds of play calling was horrible. Why not give Steele help???? Why not look for Cee Dee earlier then the last play??? In BIG games we will always lose because the opponents have a way better coach .