The Assumption of Previous Games Versus Opponents

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's said on here and wherever else "we almost beat them last time, we should be fine this game!" What exactly does that mean??? Ok so because Dak for example threw for 500 yards, does that automatically mean he'll do it in this game too?? If it's like that, they might as well give us the keys to the car right now! Every game is different, i'm not saying we can't exploit some of their MANY weaknesses, but to assume that because we came close, we'll have the same results? I'm not sure how that works. Let's just see what happens in this game, or any game that we play where we've already played said opponent! Please give your thoughts....

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Coogiguy - a never ending fount of negativity. Got to give it to him for consistency.

Thanks for being so reliable, buddy. You can be relied upon to find the cloud in every silver lining.

JBS

Reaction score
It's said on here and wherever else "we almost beat them last time, we should be fine this game!" What exactly does that mean??? Ok so because Dak for example threw for 500 yards, does that automatically mean he'll do it in this game too?? If it's like that, they might as well give us the keys to the car right now! Every game is different, i'm not saying we can't exploit some of their MANY weaknesses, but to assume that because we came close, we'll have the same results? I'm not sure how that works. Let's just see what happens in this game, or any game that we play where we've already played said opponent! Please give your thoughts....
Might be one of your best threads ever.

JBS

Reaction score
Coogiguy - a never ending fount of negativity. Got to give it to him for consistency.

Thanks for being so reliable, buddy. You can be relied upon to find the cloud in every silver lining.
It’s not negativity. It’s a fact. Every game is different. So according to you if we play sf again they will throttle us again. Not how it works…oh the negativity from you

Jumbo075

Reaction score
It’s not negativity. It’s a fact. Every game is different. So according to you if we play sf again they will throttle us again. Not how it works…oh the negativity from you
Coogiguy’s moniker should be changed to “What if?” as in What if (insert terrible, no-good, terrible bad thing) happens to the Cowboys? If there was an Olympic category for worrying about the future, he’d win the gold medal every time.

It isn’t “realism.” It is worry for its own sake. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to occupy his mind with worse case scenarios. I have something I teach my employees. “Don’t borrow trouble from tomorrow.” You can’t change the past, and trying to overcome tomorrow’s problems today is a distraction. Worry just robs you of joy today. It is a drag on everyone else, and kills morale. There is no benefit to keeping company with a killjoy because of what might happen some day. If Coogiguy worked for me, I would fire him before he polluted the workplace with his attitude. There is NOTHING positive about his constant negative posts - even if he’s occasionally correct. He is like someone who never attempts success because he is too afraid of failure. You don’t want guys like that around you every day.

Creeper

Reaction score
Sequels are rarely as good as the original. And big football games aren't always as good as anticipated.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Thanks I'm not sure if they dislike me or you any more, let's keep up the great work!! At least I don't hide like you!! lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
WOW so this is what true love really feels like, uhhhh this is so refreshing coming from you big fella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Coogiguy’s moniker should be changed to “What if?” as in What if (insert terrible, no-good, terrible bad thing) happens to the Cowboys? If there was an Olympic category for worrying about the future, he’d win the gold medal every time.

It isn’t “realism.” It is worry for its own sake. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to occupy his mind with worse case scenarios. I have something I teach my employees. “Don’t borrow trouble from tomorrow.” You can’t change the past, and trying to overcome tomorrow’s problems today is a distraction. Worry just robs you of joy today. It is a drag on everyone else, and kills morale. There is no benefit to keeping company with a killjoy because of what might happen some day. If Coogiguy worked for me, I would fire him before he polluted the workplace with his attitude. There is NOTHING positive about his constant negative posts - even if he’s occasionally correct. He is like someone who never attempts success because he is too afraid of failure. You don’t want guys like that around you every day.
You do know this is only football right, geez who would want to work like you. A tightwad that is too serious to live life, half of the time i'm not even serious about the things that I say. But I know in the end it makes people who have their heads stuck in the eagle lover bowl, and you need to lighten up seriously. Maybe don't work so hard, get a companion and let that person ease some of the tension by BUYING you a philly cheese steak!! That's your favorite!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

He’s not negative. He’s a concern troll.

coult44

Reaction score
It’s fan talk, it doesn’t really matter much.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
You do know this is only football right, geez who would want to work like you. A tightwad that is too serious to live life, half of the time i'm not even serious about the things that I say. But I know in the end it makes people who have their heads stuck in the eagle lover bowl, and you need to lighten up seriously. Maybe don't work so hard, get a companion and let that person ease some of the tension by BUYING you a philly cheese steak!! That's your favorite!
There is a place near downtown Fort Worth that makes a great Phili cheesesteak sandwich - run by an oriental family - at the corner of Beach St. and Belnap Blvd.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is a place near downtown Fort Worth that makes a great Phili cheesesteak sandwich - run by an oriental family - at the corner of Beach St. and Belnap Blvd.
there's a bridge in philly that you can play around with too in your free time

CCBoy

Reaction score
there's a bridge in philly that you can play around with too in your free time
There's a cracked bell there that once meant a hell of a lot, also.

The Army / Navy game was played where both the Army and Navy were born.