The biggest improvement

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Has to be special teams. Without that Felix kick return we would have lost the game.

Last year we would have lost the game because we didn't have any return threats.

Coverage was great the only screwup was near the end when the eagles ran it all the way to our 40 but that happens to all teams from time to time

The only weakness on this team is discipline and defense.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Once we stopped playing rookies and camp fodder on ST's they instantly got better. Felix had me excited on every kick return......Stanback not so much :D

es22

Reaction score
Felix gave us great field positon. He is a threat any time he catches the ball.

Thanks jerry for the Arkansas pickup

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Real1st;2262806 said:
Has to be special teams. Without that Felix kick return we would have lost the game.

Last year we would have lost the game because we didn't have any return threats.

Coverage was great the only screwup was near the end when the eagles ran it all the way to our 40 but that happens to all teams from time to time

I don't agree with you on our defense. Tackling, perhaps, but not the over all play of the defense. I would also add that we kicked the ball out of bounds on the very first kick off, which in turn, correlated to a FG. You can't give Philly the ball on the 40 and expect to hold them. We gave up a 47 yard return in the 4th qtr as well. We were just lucky that McNappie lost his mind and fumbled it. Folk and the return team played very well but the return coverage team was not all that great IMO.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Real1st;2262806 said:

Do you really believe that if Jones does not score that Dallas loses? That was still so early in the game and Philly could not stop the Cowboys offense. I think that they still score on that possession.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2263850 said:
I don't agree with you on our defense. Tackling, perhaps, but not the over all play of the defense. I would also add that we kicked the ball out of bounds on the very first kick off, which in turn, correlated to a FG. You can't give Philly the ball on the 40 and expect to hold them. We gave up a 47 yard return in the 4th qtr as well. We were just lucky that McNappie lost his mind and fumbled it. Folk and the return team played very well but the return coverage team was not all that great IMO.

The only screw ups were the long run in the 4th Quarter and that kick at the beginning. The Special Teams was lightyears ahead the defense. Romo also put the defense in bad situations with the turnovers but this defense needs to overcome adversity no excuse. Thats why this is a team game offense messes up defense picks up the slack vica versa. Im glad they overcame the adversity at the end of the game.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
joseephuss;2263867 said:
Do you really believe that if Jones does not score that Dallas loses? That was still so early in the game and Philly could not stop the Cowboys offense. I think that they still score on that possession.

Its a possibility. There is so many plays in the game that could of changed the outcome.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2262839 said:
Once we stopped playing rookies and camp fodder on ST's they instantly got better. Felix had me excited on every kick return......Stanback not so much :D

Stanback is in my doghouse after his performance yesterday. He didn't chase Samuel down after the INT, I believe he failed to do his job on a kickoff return (he wasn't returning) and followed it up on the very next play with a false start.

DMX690

Reaction score
nyc;2264079 said:
Stanback is in my doghouse after his performance yesterday. He didn't chase Samuel down after the INT, I believe he failed to do his job on a kickoff return (he wasn't returning) and followed it up on the very next play with a false start.

Actually it was Tony Curtis with the false start.

joseephuss

Reaction score
nyc;2264079 said:

Was he in the game on the INT?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't you see Hard Knocks? Weren't you paying attention in the Pre-season. We cannot cover. It will doom us. Doom us I tell you.

We are going to rue the day we didn't fire Bruce "Lloyd Christmas" Read on the spot and replace him with someone no one else would hire.

[/sarcasm off]

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Hostile;2264391 said:
Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't you see Hard Knocks? Weren't you paying attention in the Pre-season. We cannot cover. It will doom us. Doom us I tell you.

We are going to rue the day we didn't fire Bruce "Lloyd Christmas" Read on the spot and replace him with someone no one else would hire.

[/sarcasm off]

Keep the peace

Keep the peace

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yep, for all the hand-wringing over our horrendous, intolerable ST coverage in preseason, we've been pretty darn good at it so far this year.

I also remember what an idiot a certain coach was for not letting Felix return kicks. Oops. ;)