The Bradie James contract.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
Dose anyone know how it compares with other MLB contracts?

Did the Cowboys get a deal, Pay the going rate or over pay?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie said:
Dose anyone know how it compares with other MLB contracts?

Did the Cowboys get a deal, Pay the going rate or over pay?

MLB contracts?? Well the highest paid MLB player is Alex Rodriguez... He signed a 10 year, $252 million deal back in 2001. :D

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
MLB contracts?? Well the highest paid MLB player is Alex Rodriguez... He signed a 10 year, $252 million deal back in 2001. :D

i can't believe how much they get paid...its un-necessary, football should have baseballs payrolls

Smith22

Reaction score
$8 million signing bonus, base salaries of 640,267 in 2006, $1.5 mil in 2007, and $1.75 mil in 2008. Didn't look any further than that.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
hahaa, i was gonna call u stupid, cause u were asking about MLB contracts, and now i call myself stupid as i realized, 2 hours later, that you meant Middle Linebacker, and not Major leagues baseball. Man lack of sleep can do wonders to a persons brain

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
James gets about $3.6 million per year (about $21.6 million over six years). Among middle linebackers, that puts him just above Akin Ayodele and behind these 12 guys -- Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Al Wilson, Zach Thomas, Dan Morgan, Will Witherspoon, Takeo Spikes, Derek Smith, Edgerton Hartwell, Antonio Pierce, Andra Davis and James Farrior. Considering that some of the better middle linebackers still are under their rookie contracts, I'd say James got about what he should have. If he continues to improve, he'll earn his money.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
i can't believe how much they get paid...its un-necessary, football should have baseballs payrolls

Man, you should see the extreme beating A-Rod is taking here in NY. I love it! :lmao2:

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
James gets about $3.6 million per year (about $21.6 million over six years). Among middle linebackers, that puts him just above Akin Ayodele and behind these 12 guys -- Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, Al Wilson, Zach Thomas, Dan Morgan, Will Witherspoon, Takeo Spikes, Derek Smith, Edgerton Hartwell, Antonio Pierce, Andra Davis and James Farrior. Considering that some of the better middle linebackers still are under their rookie contracts, I'd say James got about what he should have. If he continues to improve, he'll earn his money.

Thanks Adam,
that was a big help and I agree it looks like he got a fair contract for both sides.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:

I expected more from a board veteran of your stature